Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Predictable response. Why I posted it honestly. .mil=good, LE=bad. Retired LE has no reason to distrust .gov because, well, pensions. Not because they see overreach and abuse of power and it worries them, they have a blind spot. Veterans though, they get a pension and medical care, but they have no blind spot and are virtuous.

Weird - I'm a veteran, I receive zero pension and zero .gov medical care.

And my point is exactly that - retired MIL ARE calling out the .gov and TEACHING others how to defend against an obtrusive government. .leo - not so much. (Administrative Results not withstanding)

I've also consistently said that current .mil absolutely will open fire and operate against civilians if give the chance. Nothing virtuous there.

I said so as recently as today in another thread where .mil abused the hell out of another .mil for refusing the vax. That Airman went up on charges and was found not guilty on all 5. Yet his brother airmen went fast and heavy on him in his cell.

Weird, kinda like a LEO that didn’t do a full 20-25.

I am not defending LE, just pointing out the hypocrisy

I didn’t intend to lock horns this hard, but demonizing LE and canonizing vets requires a set of blinders.

Curious and not a slight - wondering what % of all entrants go to retirement vice not in either community? I'd bet a lot more ride out a LEO career than .mil - which doesn't mean anything about our conversation.
ETA - found this - Only 30% of officers and 10% of enlisted Soldiers retire.

I'm not worried about former LEO or retired LEO same as former or retired vets - it's the current ones/current system that has my distrust. DISTRUST not hatred.

I do notice though - former vets seem much more involved in knowledge transfer of skills and tips to mitigate a .gov led pogrom than former LEO.

Without a doubt that number in re retirement is skewed hard to LE. But it’s not really an apples to apples, as I’ve known people that went in the military for the GI bill and trainings that would translate to a good job private sector after doing well short of a retirement timeline. To be fair though there are guys that go LE then use those credentials to get private security jobs.

I distrust everyone lol. Especially if they have the authority to deprive me of my freedom.

MAGA