I have an mp mold that does a rounded flat nose close to 225g or with the penta hp pins in it does 212g hp. I powder coated them and sized them down to .452. They were a bit bigger than .452 after powder coating so I sized them all down.

I casted a bunch of the 212g hp's last summer and have been loafing them this spring. They seem to be shooting well over 8.5g of AA #5. They are doing 1000fps from my 5.25" xdm and 960fps from my 1911 commander.

I was wanting them to expand a bit but I don't have any pure lead. My softest is some scrap I buy from RMR that's got a little antimony but is supposed to be bhn around 10. I use 8 pounds of it with 1 pound of ww and 1 pound of monotype. It seems to work well so far. I need to shoot some through water jugs soon.

I always like to add at least 10% ww to any mix. It seems to help it fill out better as does the mono but the ww gives it a touch of arsenic and a few other things. I've heard the arsenic helps heat treating or quenching work so I use a little ww in case I decide to do either.

I'm pretty new to casting again so I'm just figuring it out. I did some flat nose stuff I wanted a bit harder last fall so I did a ratio of 1 rmr lead to 1 of WW to 1 of mono. My 1:1:1 mix casts well and seems fairly hard but doesn't fracture when it hits the dirt pile. I'm loading up some 270g hammer flat noses in 44 mag next and want to shoot them through some water jugs too. My kids are busily drinking milk to do their part.

Bb