Originally Posted by RickinTN
I always enjoy your research and write up of your results. Does my old guy memory recall warnings about reducing H110? I sure don't remember any particulars.
Take care,
Rick

Yeah Rick,

there use to be info about reducing the H 110 loads....but then some of that is lawyer stuff, due to someone at their load bench screwed up... and wanted to sue someone else to get some money out of their screw up.

I've got some 223 ammo loaded here that I used some H 110 in....I thought I had issues with it...too loud of a bang, and it didn't feel right... then the same amount of W 296 didn't give me the same experience even tho I had the same charge with it also. I tend to let my rifle tells me what it likes. I do that with each rifle, even if I have several chambered in the same caliber.

Just habits picked up, from issues found at the reload bench.. why one bolt action will take this load and work well, while another brand or just different chamber dimensions, will not work so well.

I look at load manuals as suggestions, not Bibles. One can come across to many different variations in reloading... the best approach I've found is let each rifle tell me what it likes the best. Some will digest anything in a manual, and others have been real particular.

I know W 296 and H 110 are suppose to be the same powder. However I am seeing some of my rifles I've tried W 296 in do very well with it, but then using the same charge of H 110 are finicky, Some kids are picky eaters and some aren't. Rifles seem to be no different. So I let it tell me what it likes.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez