My feedback on canoes I have used here in Maine:

17' MichiCraft (doubled ender aluminum). I like it more than a 17 ft Grumman, as it has sponsons. These are bulbous areas formed into the hull just above the waterline, about 6" high x 10' long on each side. Adds significant stiffness to the hull, and increases stability, as it makes the canoe about 2" wider ( 1" /side) down low where it counts. Aluminum is 0.050" thick ("heavy duty"). Some Grummans have 0.040" or 0.050" thick aluminum, as noted in their model number("1740"= 17' with 0.040". Vs "1750" = 17' with 0.050"). I prefer the 0.050" thick models, heavier yes, but more durable.

19' Grumman square stern (aluminum) Light (0.040" thick material), hauls a lot, I use a 4 HP 2-stroke on mine. Great canoe. Hauls ~1000 lbs. Discontinued model. Get one if you see one.

20' Grumman double ender (aluminum): A true beast. Heavy gauge aluminum (0.050" thick), 40" beam, , high sides (a lot of freeboard for a canoe), weighs about 120 lbs, very stable. I use a side mounted 1980 Johnson 4 HP 2-stroke, (32 lbs), but is rated for 7.5 (?) HP. Love it. Not made anymore, and hard to find. Grab one if you can. Got mine for $450 in good shape last year. They typically are in the $800-$1200++ range.

Note, if you use a side-mounted motor on a double ender canoe, make sure you use a side-mounted counter weight up front. You want the canoe to be level, especially when making a sharp turn to the motor side (reduces chance of swamping/ water over the side). Also, if you are alone in the canoe (with a motor), bring at least two 5:gallon buckets (with lids) to fill with water and put up front to level you off. You will "squat" in a canoe, with your body weight way back, which isn't good for a lot of reasons (reduced visibility, less freeboard in the stern/unsafe, less fuel efficient, the high bow acts like a sail, and moves you around in the wind). You can use rocks too, or instead.

I had an aluminum 17" Grumman square stern (0.050" thick). Another great canoe. My brother needed it. and still has it. Handles a 2-stroke 4hp well, but it does great with a Honda 2.4 HP 4-stroke.

Old Town Canoe makes several 17' ABS/Royalex (Royalex no longer made) polyethylene canoes. A favorite for the Allagash Waterway in Maine is the 20' Tripper XL. Hard to find, and usually start at $1000+++ used. Hauls about 75 % of what a similar sized aluminum canoe hauls.

For trailered canoes , I have owned a (fiberglass) Scott Canoe 22.5' James Bay freighter. A great big water canoe, hauls 2000+ lbs (sold it, loved it, but bigger/heavier than I needed), and currently own/use a (fiberglass) Scott Canoe 21' Hudson Bay freighter canoe (8 HP). If you will be dragging over rocks, you don't want a fiberglass canoe (not durable for that).

Never have been in a 15' Grumman Sportboat. Could be a good option.

Hope you can find a 19-20" Grumman, but a good 17 footer will serve you wel, particularly a square stern model, if you can find one - if you intend to mount a motor.

My 2c.

MichiCraft: https://www.meyersboat.com/#/michicraft/models.html

Grumman: https://www.marathonboat.com/grumman-canoes

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."