Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by SBTCO
MT. Marine, I've followed your threads on the PSA carbines and figured that would be a good direction

I believe PSA products are a good value.

I've got several pistol and carbine AR uppers in 5.56, 300BO, 7.62x39. A few stripped lowers I assembled myself. A PSAK GF5. The AK and one of the 5.56 uppers have the FN barrels. I've picked up a few of their BCGs in 5.56 and 7.62x39.

My inventory of PSA items is well over a dozen. I've never received a lemon from them.

The only thing I have done is added H3 buffers. Palmetto seems to be 'generous' with the gassing. I've never measured the gas ports, but I found a standard carbine buffer came back with a perceptible 'thump' in the back of the extension tube with MK262, M855 or M193 ammo. When I put in H3 buffers, it smooths them out real nice.

I imagine that PSA gasses them to ensure reliable function with the lower powered steel case ammo.

If you go that route, and decide you want to add some weight to the buffer, you can save a few bucks by just buying the tungsten weights, and swap them for the steel weights that are already in the carbine buffer. That's how I did it anyways. You can usually buy a 3-pack, so you can essentially tune a standard buffer into an H, H2, or H3. I don't think PSA sells the weights, but if you google "AR tungsten buffer weights", you will find them from a few retailers.

That's good info MM, as I've always bought the complete buffers whenever I wanted to change weight for whatever reason.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH