PC'ing aficionados: just want to shoot, and shoot as cheaply or hassle free as they can. I'd wager they would cheerfully stick with jacketed bullets if they were as cheap and readily available as a couple pounds of lead. They aren't fascinated with the arcane knowledge required to master the art of traditional bullet casting. They complain about leading (without getting to the bottom of it), smoke (meh - so what, unless at an indoor range), messiness in handling lubes/bullets/equipment (WTH, the skills by which to avoid making a mess are borne from skills one learned in kindergarten), and dirty guns (again WTH - you clean your guns regardless of what you shoot through them anyway right, right?). Lastly, it would seem that a primary goal is to achieve jacketed bullet velocity/performance with lead bullets - obviously missing the whole point (when I want that kind of performance I simply reach onto the shelves where my jacketed stuff is stored). Not a judgement, just an observation - but I'll bet there'll be indignation a-plenty.

Traditional cast bullet people: the means to an end is as important as the end itself, maybe actually is the end in and of itself. Working and thinking within the framework of protocols established in the past while at the same time striving to perfect them. They eschew taking "the easy way out" (if it is indeed easier), preferring instead the intellectual challenge of meeting and exceeding the benchmarks set down by cast bullet shooters in the past. (My personal goal is to equal or better the 10-shot 200 yard record group fired in 1903 by C.W.Rowland - 7/8", with a .32-40 single shot, soft lead plain-base bullets and duplex black powder - not bettered until the late 1960's and extremely rarely since then. I've gotten kinda close. You try it sometime.) Lastly, for those of us chasing ultimate accuracy with lead, the jury is still out (and arguing in sequestration chambers) as to whether PC'ing represents a panacea for that - not much of it shows up in the equipment lists of CBA, ISS, and ASSRA match competitors, hint.

At the end of the day, to each his own. Different strokes and all that. Just don't try to tell me that one system or the other is the best thing since sliced bread.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty