Well perhaps some of you are right, but at no point was I told in e-mail or on the phone they were going to trade me a new 550C for my old 550B. They would only say they wanted to "service" it. What that meant when Mr Dillon was living was always said out front and in plane language. Now it seemed very cryptic and non-comitial.

So I started getting red-flags when the e-mail correspondence went back and forth. I have a friend who owned a 550 about 12 years before I got mine I have a few other friends who have 550s and one had a 650 along with 2 that have Square Deals and all have been treated the way we always hear about from Dillon. Meaning the best service you could ever ask for.

Their policy was "Problem? No problem, Here's new parts.

I have replaced the steel shim under the primer unit one time before, and they just sent me a new one. I have worn out the pick-up tips on the primer tubes and also they just sent me new ones. I have worn out 3 of the small square nylon bushings on the powder measure bars. Again "Here's some new ones"

But when the lower parts of the priming unit simply got worn out (through no fault of Dillon at all, which is way I asked to buy them and in no way required any warrantee on those parts ) they wanted the whole press back and as you can see, they were quite insistent on my shipping it back but with no one-on-one explanations and no discussion. Just a set of "commands". Far from the kind of interaction I've know about when Mr Dillon was still living.
So that shot up red flags to me.

I may be wrong. I admit it's possible. But when a company seems to get very far from it's legendary reputation for service, and give an outward impression they are not even willing to have a civil conversation........I see that as a warning. Again, maybe I am wrong.

But I have new parts now and I am happy with the working of the press again.

As far as those that seem to think I was unreasonable I'd suggest you go back and try reading the correspondence and SEE with your own eyes I never got upset at a lack of honoring the warrantee. I was upset they would not acknowledge my problem was not (and is not) with any part of the press or powder system, and only with the bottom parts of the primer system.... so I see NO reason to require me to send them the whole thing at a cost of between $85 and $135 for what they have always said (in writing) was free.

And again I point out I didn't require them to send me ANYTING for free and wanted to pay for it.

I just didn't want to pay $135 for a few small parts and to have them "look over" my press.

Had they said out-front "hey with a press that's loaded that much ammo we'd like to have it back so we can look it over and if you'll agree to sent it to use we'll trade you a new press straight over", I'd have likley agreed.
But that was not said. It was not written. It was not even hinted at.

So I was left to make decisions only based on what was written and the manor it was written Again it's cut and pasted with NO editing at all so all can read every word.
If you folks read it and think there was something I missed I am happy to hear it.

I am only commenting on my understanding and my interactions with them.