Originally Posted by leemar28
Who makes a good pocket sized binocular that wont break the bank ?
Well, first off I think one needs to define "won't break the bank". What's your upper price limit?

However, I'll offer up this comment. Maven Optics out of Lander, WY is a company uses the direct to consumer model like TRACT does. Maven has two levels of quality - their best ones are made in Japan (I've been told by Light Optical Works) and assembled/tested in San Diego by Maven staff.

My wife was looking for a better compact birding binocular last year and when Maven had their Xmas sale in Dec, she got demo units of their compact B.3 6x30mm and B.7 8x25mm models. We test drove their demos for a week or so, including comparison tests using the 1951 USAF resolving power test target, and returned them for full credit once she had made her choice. Then she bought a NIB Maven B3 6x30mm, and has been very happy with it since.

I feel that the view through those 6x30mm B.3 binos is outstanding, but the I just don't like using mini-binoculars due to their tiny feel and light weight. I much prefer a full-sized porro prism glass and will stick with my Nikon 10x42mm Superior E bino. However, Maven has other models that got great reviews in recent Outdoor Life Binocular reviews; see The Best Compact Binoculars of 2024, Tested and Reviewed and The Best Binoculars for Bird Watching of 2024, Tested and Reviewed.

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)