I'm absolutely no stockmaker for sure. Again emphasizing For Sure! But I've collected Mausers for over half century with primary emphasis on Original Obendorf Sporters. I've seen a lot of variations in stocks and of course particularly in the "Suhl School" smile and other name gunsmiths of the early century-[ast era. I do consider myself a "sage" commenter regarding mauser sporting stocks.

First the notion of difference between "Classic" notions and of evolved modern concepts of sight pictures, recoil management and just plain 'fitment'. Such and early notions of "Classic" defined in wider vistas of individual "custom" in system where all were of such hand labour. Also in exigencies meaning 'making do' as adapting the stock pattern to available wood and purse.

My impression of O/P rich's stock is reasonably within notions of gunstocks in such as the first decade of the 20th Century. Master gunsmiths handed down their notions and many semi-master to talented amateurs as results of which offering up more of a kaleidoscope of "nuances" as the stock under consideration reflects.

Reference file pix below, as "offering of evidence". My Original Obie Sporter of 1909 which, by all visuals, is entirely original & unaltered. It's also rather unique as with a full tapered octagon, ribbed barrel. The entire presentation both of originality and the sort of Oberndorf as likely reflecting perhaps some Factory catering to individual taste. Certainly not a common "standard pattern".

It go me has some quite distinct flavour of the O/P's stock with one notable difference in the grip curvature and cap. My offering here isn't about saying "it's the same. Rather that it's within the era "spectrum" of variation more alike than not.

So! Point offered! I appreciate the stock for what it is!
My take!
Best!
John

Attached Images
R62-2.jpg (33.28 KB, 180 downloads)
R62-3.jpg (37.14 KB, 179 downloads)
R62-6.jpg (28.23 KB, 181 downloads)
R62-14U.jpg (17.9 KB, 181 downloads)
R62-33U.jpg (34.72 KB, 181 downloads)