My father and I have recovered probably a half dozen Partitions over the years for a 100 gr. .243 or a 150 gr. .30 cal from a .30-06. They are invariably found just under the exit side, and always on shots over 250 yds. They have anywhere from 66-80% weight retention, because much of the front 1/3 of the bullet core is shed on expansion. The thing I like about the Partition is that it expands just like a cup and core bullet until it hits that Partition, because that's what it is, a cup and core bullet forward of the the partition. It's not bonded up front, it's designed to expand well, then penetrate deep. If I were just getting into reloading or using premiums I would probably play with the Barnes bullets, but we have loads that shoot Partitions into 1-1 1/2" in all of our rifle, and I KNOW they will never fail, so we've chosen just to stick with them. For my money they are the perfect premium bullet, but that's also a biased opinion, I can't imagine or picture better performance for OUR needs, your needs/wants maybe different.
Selmer

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile