Originally Posted by Mntngoat
in regards to TNC pro hunting policies http://www.animalpeoplenews.org/07/10/mccormickquits10_07.html

wonder is all the bunny huggers that support TNC are aware of this?

more good stuff
http://www.animalliberationfront.com/AR_Orgs/proHuntWildlifeOrgs.htm

ML
There is a reason 'bunny huggers' support them. Umm.... think about what you just posted. A 3 1/2 year old article about a pro-hunting (as defined by a self admitted anti-hunting group) president LEAVING and an article by an anti hunting terrorist organziation that labels Audubon Society, the National Wildlife Federation, the Nature Conservancy, the Sierra Club, the World Wildlife Foundation as PRO hunting! shocked (That is a cut and paste of organizations from their website, not my edited list.)

I do believe this is a classic case of .... "consider the source". wink

My point, and I didn't intend to name any organizations in particular, about TNC is this. Yes they allow hunting on SOME of their properties but I honestly believe they view hunters as 'useful idiots'. Meaning, you give them something (free labor etc.) and they 'may' allow 'some' hunting on 'some' of their lands IF and... this is key... it fits in with their agenda. The problem is, their agenda is generally one of protecting a particular NON-GAME species or habitat specific to that species. It is never about conserving "hunting lands". Now please don't misunderstand, butterflies need protecting too.... wink but I believe the point of the thread was about which organizations are the MOST deserving of hunters dollars.
I think TNC is a great organization that does great things for land conservation and have a personal pending transactino with them. No, they are not perfect nor is any other org. But should they be the first place for HUNTING dollars for land conservation? I think there are better places.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me