Originally Posted by bigwhoop
With all this "Bob talk" on here, who has had any field time with the 250/3000? A couple buddies prefer the 250 over the Bob as they said it is "inherently" more accurate. I asked and they said handloading was a "snap" whereas the "Bob" can be a little ornery.

Other than a little less speed, they found no reason to feel under gunned with deer sized game at sane distances.

Anyone else care to chime in? Mule Deer?

I have had both and prefer the Roberts....just real easy to get over 3000 with a 100 gr without a sweat.And in some when I got tricky with a 3"+ OAL,3150-3200 has been accomplished;the reason I never went 257AI,which does the same in a short action, I guess.

2900+ is doable with 120's and we have seen over 3k with the 115.

Recoil? Never noticed it,as IMO it is trifling with cartridges in that power range.

Thousands of dead woodchucks and other varmints to 500 yards will attest that the Roberts is not cranky accuracy-wise.Likewise mule deer and antelope to 400 or so...

Trajectory with 100's tracks 130's from a 270;ditto 115's-120 and 150's in the 270,making the two companion cartridges in a way.

In the woodlots of the East I doubt there is much difference between the two, but in the open country of the west, I like the Roberts better. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.