Originally Posted by lonehawk
Thanks for all of the replies. I have decided to go with the Ruger Hawkeye in 7mm Rem Mag. American company owned by americans and made right here. This will be my fourth Ruger in my safe.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. no knees made some very good points, that should be taken into consideration. I do commend you for making your purchase based on Ruger being an American company with American workers. Not some offshore sweat shop rifle.. I hung on to 1 last FN BACO (2008 limited edition) that was an extremely nice rifle. I didn't have any qualms with the trigger and hunted in sub zero temperatures. Albeit, not for real long extended periods of time, so I never had a trigger freezing issue. However, I believe it can happen since it is a box type (enclosed) trigger. The open trigger is so much more simple and trouble free in the long run. More like a pre 64 model 70 trigger. The Ruger will feel more gritty when you run the bolt, but that can be polished up and made to feel like a classic NH Winchester model 70. I won't say it will feel like a pre 64 or new FN because I'd be lying. With all this said, I think you'll be extremely happy with your rifle. Just remember the Ruger may need a little more fine tuning to get it to shoot MOA groups. Nothing a little elbow grease and glass bedding won't cure..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA