Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
As I posted several pages ago, punchbowl turd tossers have to expect a return volley of chit.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yesterday I had lunch in a small cafe in Applegate, Oregon. They had a TV running up in the corner, tuned to CNN. Conservatives on the campfire bash CNN for it's lopsided reporting and outright lies and agenda driven programming, for good reason, that's what they do. I watched as they spent 45 minutes trashing and discrediting Trump, still stuck on the Russian probe, cracks in his armor, sexual scandal of Roy Moore and how that makes Trump look bad, blah blah blah. It was blatant and frankly embarrassing to CNN.

We all talk about the insanity of the left and their mental illness, but I see conservatives here on the campfire using the EXACT same smear tactics. Shout down your detractors, overwhelm them with screaming and insults, dog-piling until the preferred storyline is all that's heard. Marginalize your oppositions views if you can, but if not, go straight to personal attacks. Can't argue the merits of the point, let's tear up the opposition with insults.

Are people that do it blind to the fact that they do it, or are they predatory, pushing an agenda by shouting down and marginalizing their opposition? To me it's a fricken sickness of the mind, a complete lack of objectivity to the truth. I consider that type of thing one manifestation of basic evil that devalues people in favor of an agenda. Not surprisingly, the agenda itself devalues people so the tactics used to achieve it do too.

When I read the people on here that revel in attacking other people I ask myself, why do they need to do it? Civility and friendliness used to be a valued trait in a man, a preferred trait, so why the attacks between conservatives that should be allies? What does that person need that it's consuming them to the point they must deride someone else to get what they need? I'll leave that to each man to figure out for himself. I just see it as unhealthy and sick.

This thread proves exactly what I said at first, which is this place has turned into a haven for lunatics and sociopaths, predatory people that have finally found a safe place where the sheep don't bother to fight back. Where they can kick people around with impunity.

Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of the withering heat, so they lurk in the shadows, tiptoeing from thread to thread until they find one the jerkoffs haven't ruined yet, quietly inputing a little, hoping not to draw any unwanted attention. All the good people are pushed into the background while the culls that would have their teeth knocked out in a face to face conversation are running wild like angry children screaming at anyone in their way. They lack civility and discipline, running their mouth thru the keyboard fueled by alcohol and a lack of discernment.

But of course, it's all about what an [bleep] I am.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Once again, you started by calling folks a [bleep], and are amazed when you get return fire. Balls.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Seriously dude, you should seek some help.

I say this with genuine concern. It is not a slur.

Last edited by gregintenn; 11/18/17.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Greg, you've been coming at me for a while now. Have I returned fire? No I have not. I choose to overlook the comments you have made towards me. This thread was not about me, it was about the tone of the campfire. The trolls made it about me when all they can contribute is personal attacks.

Last edited by Fireball2; 11/18/17.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Once again, you started by calling folks a [bleep], and are amazed when you get return fire. Balls.

Excuse me? Did you read what I wrote? Who did I attack specifically?

LOL
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Anyone else notice this place has turned into a real sheithole?

Did you ever consider leaving? That would do a lot towards cleaning the place up...

This is why you are the PooBah...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
This is what's wrong with America.

Lots of nice people are sheep and won't stand up for themselves. The spoils go to the few that bother to fight while the rest keep quiet and don't make waves. It's pathetic.

Captain Fireballs. It just gets better and better with every post you make.

This is all an elaborate scam right?

No way this is a real thing.......right? He has to be taking the piss.......RIGHT??????

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Greg, you've been coming at me for a while now. Have I returned fire? No I have not. I choose to overlook the comments you have made towards me. This htread was not about me, it was aobut the tone of the campfire. The trolls made it about me when all they can contribute is personal attacks.

I was once on a money forum. Most of the posters there really got under my skin. Know what I did to remedy that? I left the forum. (Actually, I got banned for life from the forum, but still I'm gone.)

My point is, don't let stuff you read on an internet forum bother you. If you can't do that, walk away.

As far as me coming after you, you may be taking what I say the wrong way. I did ask you in a pm if accusations posted about you on here were true, and you never gave me an answer. That wasn't coming after you, That was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I'd prefer someone ask me straight up about something troubling them rather than believe something that may not be true.

In this thread, I only tried to point out the fact you were doing the same thing you accused others of doing.

There may be other instances, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

I hope you get your troubles worked out.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Jim, just more cuteness and no content. How about addressing why the campfire MO is to attack and devour it's own? How about really dealing with the incivility that goes on here? How about it Jim? Why do you personally feel the need to add to the insults rather than deal with the topic of incivility between like-minded conservatives?

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

My point is, don't let stuff you read on an internet forum bother you. If you can't do that, walk away.

So what you're really saying is you like it when someone says to you "Your wife likes to take it in the ass" and you prefer that over civility.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How about really dealing with the incivility that goes on here? How about it Jim?

You win. Fuque you.

Ironic, ain't it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Since everybody seems to be gathered in this thread at the moment, can somebody give me an opinion on a good woodchipper?

I made a thread asking about 'em a few days ago and didn't get much response.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
How about really dealing with the incivility that goes on here? How about it Jim?

You win. Fuque you.

Ironic, ain't it?

Learn to discern between initiation and reaction.

There is a small but vocal group of people here that initiate, and there is a very very small group here that responds. Most won't.

Last edited by Fireball2; 11/18/17.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

This thread was not about me, it was about the tone of the campfire. The trolls made it about me when all they can contribute is personal attacks.

It is about you, the Fire is here your your personal call out for emotional attention. In reality you started the thread hoping other members would bash the chiit out of your attackers, thus being the same POS troll you complain about on CNN.

You need to find a constructive outlet for your confusion and loneliness, I'd start with family and church...you "preach" a good game of BS religion, but make no effort to live that way. You're a typical internet troll hoping to find satisfaction in forum friends, while causing havoc and sicourse in your own home...so I agree 100% with your below statement:

But of course, it's all about what an [bleep] I am.

Why are you here ?, what are you looking for ?, do you really think it will be fulfilled here ?, do you value internet friends over reality and substance ?...your family is in the other room, move on with your life.

And now is where your real self exposes itself, insults from you and ridiculous claims to justify your stance....all hoping for conversation and interaction, as long as we agree with you.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Since everybody seems to be gathered in this thread at the moment, can somebody give me an opinion on a good woodchipper?

I made a thread asking about 'em a few days ago and didn't get much response.

Bristoe, I worked for a tree service summers in HS. I ran a chipper a lot, it's nasty work. If it was me and I had a place where I could pile up brush and store it for a while I'd just make a deal with a local tree service and have them come do it every now and then. Probably much cheaper than buying a decent one.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

You win. Fuque you.

Ironic, ain't it?

Learn to discern between initiation and reaction.

There is a small but vocal group of people here that initiate, and there is a very very small group here that responds. Most won't.

I'd rather be able to recognize bullsh** when I see it, and I see it here.

Learn to recognize the fact that you can't bemoan "incivility" on one hand, and then turn around and say "fuque youi," no matter what your excuse is.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What bloody incivility? So you got teased a bit? BFD man.

The whole "like minded conservatives" tactic is a interesting one though. There seem to be sub categories of "like-mindedness".

Why the attacks on conservative, gun toting atheists? Some of those arguments get pretty nasty.

God forbid a conservative, gun toting gay dude would try and join the forum. Would you "oppressed" lot be civil to a conservative, gun toting Muslim?

BS.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've got about a quarter acre of river cane about 18' tall,......not counting almost as much honeysuckle.

Cutting and chipping is going to be a major element of my life from here on out just to keep it from getting totally out of hand.

Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (257Bob, 257Ackley, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 3,143 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,699
Posts18,534,626
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.