Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Will be looking for holsters, both IWB and OWB.

Are there after market grips for it?

Already got the now standard delay from Illinois, which has built it's own high tech NICS equivalent. They know your history instantly, but the delay has become standard fare.
Because they can.

Suggestions for grips, holsters, and accessories in general welcomed.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Clipdraw for me. If you want a longer grip, Ruger makes one, it's what is on the LCRx 3 inch version.

https://www.clipdraw.com/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I went to some pains to get the 4473, or whatever they call it now, done today so that I'd be able to pick the little ruger up by Friday for my long weekend off.

Certainly glad I don't live in California, but realistically, Illinois is nearly as bad.

Between conservatives in general, and the Covid19/Business shut-down, I'm surprised there's any support for the jack-ass party in this state at all. But I obviously accord too much credit to people as regards their IQ...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Clip-Draw for IWB.

Fobus Paddle for in the field/OWB.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Looked repeatedly for a clip-draw for the LCR without success.

Finally today noticed a link to "all others", and wound up ordering a universal revolver clip-draw. Is this a glued on clip? How's that work out?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by johnw
Looked repeatedly for a clip-draw for the LCR without success.

Finally today noticed a link to "all others", and wound up ordering a universal revolver clip-draw. Is this a glued on clip? How's that work out?

Yep, the universal clip is what you want.

It's just a sticky strip you attach to the revolver. You may have to cut it length wise to fit. Then you remove the backing on the outward side and attach the thin metal strip that has screw holes. After that you screw the clip part metal strip with screw holes . You can also attach the strip to the metal strip first, then attach it to the revolver. Unless you are retarded, it's easy to do.

The one on my LCR 22 has been there since 2014, and I carry that gun A LOT.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'd grab dark star gear's holster and ditch the clip idea

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by CaptArab

Why?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Was shooting with my wife this morning. Since I'd been working on a fence earlier I had the LCR (22) on my hip so I had to shoot it as well....8 quick rounds turned into 80 in a couple of minutes. These are great little revolvers....they ain't pretty but the design and functionality just can't be beat. I'm never not surprised by the tight little clusters the 22 makes at 30 feet...it shouldn't be that easy. Really need to get my hands on one of the 3" versions.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by CaptArab

Why?

I've probably got over two grand wrapped up in my holster drawer. Dark star gear and jm custom kydex are neck and neck for first. IME clips shift around don't draw repeatedly.

This one is what I'd try for iwb-
https://darkstargear.com/product/lcr/

Last edited by CaptArab; 08/01/20.
IC B3

johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I ordered the clip-draw a couple of days after buying the pistol. The clip-draw arrived in the mail 2 days before my purchase was approved by the state

The clip-draw arrived in the mail 2 days before my purchase was approved by the state. I don't like the sound of that word pattern.
I was told when I completed my 4473 that delays were running 10 days or longer. This, of course, screwed up plans to wring out the little ruger on my long weekend off.

Seven days after the purchase, I called the office manager for my State Senator. This was around 3PM Tuesday. I expressed my view on the matter. Explained that I already had a handgun on my belt. I asked for an investigation of and firing of the Administrator for the State Police, on grounds of incompetence.

I was told by the Senator's office manager that 2 of 3 calls to their office were for related issues. FOID card delays, CCW delays, and purchase delays. About 21 hours later, the next morning, I got an email from the senator's office that my approval had been issued.

After lunch in town with my wife, I went to the LGS where I'd made the purchase. They had agreed to text me when the approval came in. I told them that I had been approved. The manager shook his head. Told me they checked the approval database daily at 4PM and that as of close of business the day before I had not been approved. Asked him to check again.
He walked to the computer and began to grin. He had never seen an approval at 8PM before.

When I left with my purchase he was busy texting others to contact their Senators

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
And my belt is too thick for the clip-draw. Works well tucked in my front pocket

The LCR hits centered and 1" high at 30 ft.
Trigger took some getting used to. About 16 rounds did the trick...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And my belt is too thick for the clip-draw. Works well tucked in my front pocket

You don't need no stinking belt for the clip draw to work. I don't wear a belt 90% of the time and when I'm not wearing a belt there is a Clipdraw gun stuck in my waistband with the Clip attached to said waistband.

Come on people, use a little gray matter here.

And for Illinoise residents, if you are wearing a belt, stick said clip to waistband, behind belt. I can supply pics via pm.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

You don't need no stinking belt for the clip draw to work. I don't wear a belt 90% of the time and when I'm not wearing a belt there is a Clipdraw gun stuck in my waistband with the Clip attached to said waistband.

And for Illinoise residents, if you are wearing a belt, stick said clip to waistband, behind belt. I can supply pics via pm.

You’re like chuck norris

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by BobBrown

You’re like chuck norris

You have no idea.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10ring1, 160user, 12savage, 58 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,300
Posts18,505,361
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.