-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Poor gal tried hard to get a "Darwin", but didn't quite make it.

"Police Chief Floyd Johnson said officers are taking her for a mental evaluation."

"Water/Wastewater Department Manager Jimmy Junkin said personnel will drain the tank tonight and remove any debris." -- I'm sure the water customers with thank him (bleah!)

Woman goes for a swim inside Athens water tower
By Anna Mahan
Published: Aug. 5, 2021 at 8:25 PM CDT|Updated: 9 hours ago

ATHENS, Ala. (WAFF) - A woman who went for a swim inside of an Athens water tower ended up having to get rescued Thursday night.

Athens firefighters found a woman who was swimming inside a 70-foot high water tank on Elm Street filled with 350,000 gallons of water.

According to Holly Hollman with the City of Athens, the woman, who is not being identified, broke into a fence barrier and climbed the ladder to the top of the tank. A retired Athens Police Officer who lives nearby saw her and called authorities.

When firefighters climbed the tank, they found her swimming inside and convinced her to get out. They were able to secure her with a harness to get her safely down the ladder.

Athens police officers, firefighters and the Water Department all responded. Police Chief Floyd Johnson said officers are taking her for a mental evaluation.

Water/Wastewater Department Manager Jimmy Junkin said personnel will drain the tank tonight and remove any debris.

From WAFF 48 News

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drug use is a personal decision that doesn't affect anybody else. /sarc

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If someone can access public water systems that easily, how long until some terrorist does?

You can put a couple of pounds of some substances (I won't mention what) in there that would kill the whole town.

With the invasion at the border, it might be time to tighten security.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reminds me of the crazy chick that went missing at the Cecil Hotel in LA about 10 years ago. Missing for 19 days. Found after guests complained of low water pressure, off colored water, and an "odd taste" to the water. Maintenance workers investigating the cause of the "odd tasting water" found her body floating in the hotel's water tank.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Last edited by DaveR; 08/06/21.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
350k gallons of water.................. ship it to Commifornia, they'll drink it. smile

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If someone can access public water systems that easily, how long until some terrorist does?

You can put a couple of pounds of some substances (I won't mention what) in there that would kill the whole town.

Ya think?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She was just auditioning for the reboot version of "Petticoat Junction."
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What debris needs to be removed? Stupid.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Was my first thought as well.

Eventually it is going to happen. Our government, and politicians in general, are too busy politicking to actually insure our security and stability .... which is what they were hired to-do.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

C-hairs & toilet nuggies.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by doubleDs55
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

C-hairs & toilet nuggies.

Probable just a Baby Ruth, No big deal.

3825 24336
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If people only knew how many go swimming in those tanks.

I remember they found the remains of an AWOL Ft. Carson Soldier in one back in the early 70s.
My bet is a bunch of drunk Carson Soldiers, one drowns and the rest get outa there and never say a word.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My dad did that in Ree Heights, South Dakota. A year earlier, my dad's father had gotten killed in a car wreck. My dad figured he could sow some wild oats, only having a mother to enforce discipline. Dad was 14 years old.
He and 2 other boys climbed to the top of the water tower. Probably 70 feet up there. I don't know if the thing was open, or had a partial lid on it, but the boys were swimming around. Someone noticed, and the mayor and the police chief showed up, they were yelling at the boys to come down. Dad and the boys just laughed at them. The "town officials" were scared to go up there and tangle with these wild teenagers. After about an hour my dad and his buddies climbed back down the ladder.

I don't think I would have wanted to drink any tap water there for several days.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Poor gal tried hard to get a "Darwin", but didn't quite make it.

"Police Chief Floyd Johnson said officers are taking her for a mental evaluation."

"Water/Wastewater Department Manager Jimmy Junkin said personnel will drain the tank tonight and remove any debris[b][/b]." -- I'm sure the water customers with thank him (bleah!)

From WAFF 48 News

Debris?

Like this?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You like your electricity rockin?

You've seen the "security" around most all substations, right? Even the really big ones, like on the shore near a hydro project?

Chainlink and a Master lock.

Sheesh.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In a country this large, with this many, allegedly free, people roaming around, security is impossible.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
“The water smells like fish Mommy”

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Or I could throw my used mask in there !

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Just a can of improperly processed green beans or whole kernal corn.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Water had a red tint. But good flow

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

392 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,791
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.