Proud NRA Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Countless times.

Same here

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by funshooter
Yep
Many times. Even in temps well below freezing.

I do not care to anymore.

+1

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Morewood;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust you're getting just the right amount of moisture in your section of California and you're all well.

For sure and certain we've slept in the truck, sometimes in the cab and sometimes in the box with a canopy on it.

One time my good wife and I were camping in a scenic spot in the Manitoba bush called "Boggy Creek" and an old fashioned prairie thunderstorm along with several inches of rain caused a river to form in our tent. We slept the remainder of a very humid night in the cab of our '80 Toyota with the windows rolled up tight because of the abundance of mosquitos.

The upcoming story however took place on the top of the mountain on the left of the photo.

[Linked Image]

It was an opening day of mulie buck season in the middle of the week and I'd booked it off and my good wife didn't so I decided to head up after work, sleep in the back of the pickup and be at the secret/sacred spot we'd seen a couple bucks hanging out during pre-season spotting.

When I pulled into the little hollow in the Ponderosa pines it was still, quiet and I had it all to myself. After a bit of a snack, I crawled into my mummy bag in the back of the truck with my 3 D cell Maglite on one side of me and the BBR '06 on the other side and drifted off to sleep dreaming of bigger bucks than we'd seen spotting.

Imagine if you will, being awakened by the truck being violently shaken, the big Maglite bouncing off my head as it rolled around in the truck box to add to the confusion.

Somehow in the pitch black I found the flashlight, grabbed the '06 and shined the light out the canopy window, prepared to do battle with whatever black bear was rocking the truck......

What to my wondering eyes should appear but an entire herd of Herefords had moved into the little hollow with me and one of them decided the bush guard on the Toyota was the perfect scratching post! laugh

Bush guard on Toyota - in Haida Gwaii around the same timeframe with my only Sitka Blacktail.

[Linked Image]

When I beat on the canopy window and yelled at the cow, casting aspersions on her lineage, etc., she just blinked a few times, finished scratching for at least another minute and then shuffled off.

Then the snow started Morewood and no, I had not planned for or was dressed for snow....

I want to say I got a nice fat 2 point next morning just at the edge of the snowline so a few hundred feet below the camping spot.

Thanks for the thread that twigged the memories and for reading them.

All the best in the upcoming week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes, many, many times. Sometimes in the cab, sometimes a sleeping bag tossed down in the bed of the truck. Started in an 82 Toyota I bought new. Overnight hunting trips, overnight dirt bike trips.

Doing so became much more comfortable after moving into domestic full size pickups.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
If it rains out during a deer hunt,there is nothing like sleeping in the truck when it's raining.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
mega cab Dodge .. in comfort

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of times

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Lots of times in the oil patch while in Hurry up and wait mode, that happened a lot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To many things to count. Never was comfortable until I got the Toyota. The rear seat is fairly comfortable to sleep on.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A master at it

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's easy in a slide in camper.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Every Sept. every night... it's moose hunting season, duh !

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Was sleeping in my truck at the farm one weekend before I got utilities to my cabin. Weather dipped below freezing that night and I had kicked off my rubber boots under the truck. Next morning I got up and put my boots back on and was working on fence. I thought my sock had rolled up under my toes on one side until it started moving. Kicked my boot off and a mouse about the size of the tip of my little finger came rolling out. He was pretty much crushed so I finished him off.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Both in the bed of the truck and in the interior in the back seat area of my crew cab with the seats folded up

Many many times.

Once, back in the late 1970’s, it was raining, they didn’t have crew cabs back then, so slept underneath a truck (it was lifted)

Last edited by flagstaff; 01/22/23.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a F250 short bed with all the necessities in the back.

I have the truck Vault, so there’s a flat spot to put the pad and bag on, along with enough emergency supplies to last a good while, if necessary.

Used to do the Boy Scout dad thing a lot and spent many a night truck camping.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many times for in a pickup for naps on ever night trips.

It’s easier in the Kenworth!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I worked in the oilfield...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Quite a few times,not always by choice.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Yup. A few times. Most Classic case was in a 1971 4 door Ford LTD in ND a few miles N of Upham, ND along the Souris R. the night before opening day of the 1980 deer gun season. That LTD back seat was quite comfortable in a nice sleeping bag, pillow & blankets. Also, quite a few times in my old 1987 Toyota four runner in the Georgia woods.

Last edited by GAGoober; 01/22/23.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 204guy, 219DW, 12344mag, 163bc, 40 invisible), 2,148 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,230
Posts18,504,336
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.