Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Anyone fooled with the Cronus line?

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FYI, if you've got access to ExpertVoice (veteran, LEO, EMS etc) the Helos gen2 2-12 mil model came back in stock. 😁

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son wanted matching scopes on his hunting rifle and .22, and the new one also tracks perfectly. For under $400 you can't really beat it, and, if anything, it's better on the .22, which is already a heavy boat anchor.

Edit: Helos 2-12

Last edited by goalie; 12/30/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting thread.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Interesting thread.

It is, but you feel like you need a shower after buying a Chinese scope.

☹️

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
the answer may be in this thread somewhere I apologize if it is but here's my question

in the Gen 2 Helos versus Talos btr just what is the difference is it just the one has locking turret and the other does not?
or anything more than that

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Interesting thread.

Care to expound on that statement?

For my part, I understand that there's likely Chinese parts in a lot of scopes I've owned and still have. But I still have an aversion to directly supporting the CCP via buying a rifle scope if I can help it. I research COO to the extent I'm able, and I will continue to buy as little Chicom content as I can.

Not to get all sanctimonious over it, just stating my viewpoint on the situation. Everyone has their reasons to do what they do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Interesting thread.

For my part, I understand that there's likely Chinese parts in a lot of scopes I've owned and still have. But I still have an aversion to directly supporting the CCP via buying a rifle scope if I can help it. I research COO to the extent I'm able, and I will continue to buy as little Chicom content as I can.

Not to get all sanctimonious over it, just stating my viewpoint on the situation. Everyone has their reasons to do what they do.

Yeah, I hadn't bought any chinese scopes since getting the original gen2 Helos 2-12, but my little guy really wanted the same scope on his Bergara B14r as he has on his hunting rifle, and it seemed like a good idea for lots of reasons.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by goalie
Interesting thread.

Yeah, I hadn't bought any chinese scopes since getting the original gen2 Helos 2-12, but my little guy really wanted the same scope on his Bergara B14r as he has on his hunting rifle, and it seemed like a good idea for lots of reasons.

So, you down with CCP?

The 2-12 FFP mil/mil would be a perfect fit for a longish range ML I'm working on, but I just can't do it. Hoping that other companies take notice of the popularity of this model and offer similarliy configured scopes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting thread.

Well current events have most of us wanting to deal less with the ChiComs, covid, fentanyl, IP theft are good reasons.

I could jump up on a high horse and say we don't sell any ChiCom scopes.

But I do sell ChiCom made thermals so that would be hypocritical.

Complicated world these days and I sure prefer to not send dollars to Xi but sometimes the way our trade is entertwined it's buy ChiCom or go without.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Interesting thread.

Well current events have most of us wanting to deal less with the ChiComs, covid, fentanyl, IP theft are good reasons.

I could jump up on a high horse and say we don't sell any ChiCom scopes.

But I do sell ChiCom made thermals so that would be hypocritical.

Complicated world these days and I sure prefer to not send dollars to Xi but sometimes the way our trade is entertwined it's buy ChiCom or go without.
Translation: As long as I make money on the transaction, Chinesium is 👌.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd buy the JP made stuff, but not the CN made stuff.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Brother Burns is a player in da game.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, mounted and zero'd the Helos 2-12 this morning, then went shooting with a friend outside this afternoon.

He has a Athlon Ares ETR 3-18x50 APRS6 FFP IR MIL UHD on his 6mm Creedmoor and I made the mistake of looking at ExpertVoice for deals.

The Ares glass makes the Helos glass look like hot garbage. It was on par with the nightforce and gen3 Razor.

One is inbound to check out.

If you're a LEO or vet, it's still a deal through tomorrow. 😉

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
@goalie,

Thanks! Just ordered one. Reviews are near 100% 5 star.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I've had an Ares BTR on my CTR 6.5CM for a couple of years now and it's been great. So has the Helos that rides on my McWhorter 7-08. They work as advertised IME......just the way it is.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've had an Ares BTR on my CTR 6.5CM for a couple of years now and it's been great. So has the Helos that rides on my McWhorter 7-08. They work as advertised IME......just the way it is.
where do you think the glass quality of a Arken EPL or ep5 comparison those two athlon models

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
To my 63 yr old eyeballs, the EPL4 is on par with the Ares, easily. Then again I don't have any problem with the Helos optics at all either.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JGRaider
To my 63 yr old eyeballs, the EPL4 is on par with the Ares, easily. Then again I don't have any problem with the Helos optics at all either.
thanks for that opinion

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
@goalie,

Thanks! Just ordered one. Reviews are near 100% 5 star.

👍👍👍

Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,128
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.