Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 61 of 254 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 253 254
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Would everyone here agree that this testing procedure is sensible and meaningful? Seems to cover all the bases.

-static tracking test.
-live fire to test tracking and zero retention.
-zero retention test with common use impacts.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ic-uhd-hunting-scope-review#Post17363385

Last edited by mod7rem; 01/01/24.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mod7rem
Would everyone here agree that this testing procedure is sensible and meaningful? Seems to cover all the bases.

-static tracking test.

Or we can take the man's word that there is an issue and go about our daily lives in peace...or not.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

-static tracking test.

Or we can take the man's word that there is an issue and go about our daily lives in peace...or not.

We finally agree on something.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

-static tracking test.

What is a "common use impact"? In a hunting situation, a 3 foot drop is not a common use impact. More likely would be bumping the barrel against a blind or tree, or jarring/vibration from travel on an ATV or vehicle. Or even recoil alone if it is a heavier recoiling rifle.

A 3 foot drop in a hunting situation would demand at least a quick sight in check shot, before taking a shot at an animal. No matter what tests had previously been done to the scope and/or rifle.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

-static tracking test.

But that wouldn’t give you 60 pages of posts that a psychiatrist would have a field day with.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KenMi

-static tracking test.

What is a "common use impact"? In a hunting situation, a 3 foot drop is not a common use impact. More likely would be bumping the barrel against a blind or tree, or jarring/vibration from travel on an ATV or vehicle. Or even recoil alone if it is a heavier recoiling rifle.

A 3 foot drop in a hunting situation would demand at least a quick sight in check shot, before taking a shot at an animal. No matter what tests had previously been done to the scope and/or rifle.
My rifle took a 3 foot fall this past season. It doesn't happen often but it isn't real rare either. Steep hillside, wet leaves over a wet rock, slick as ice. I checked zero that afternoon and the Leupold was still putting them 2" high at 100, right where it's supposed to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

-static tracking test.

The attempt to cope runs strong in the LiL Fish Ladies Fan Club.

THE WIZARD predicted the stuggles but Stevie Wonder saw this fake test coming.

Lying Liars love Lying Liars.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

-static tracking test.

The attempt to cope runs strong in the LiL Fish Ladies Fan Club.

THE WIZARD predicted the stuggles but Stevie Wonder saw this fake test coming.

Lying Liars love Lying Liars.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Apart from his pictures Stick doesn't have much that interests me...you, even less so.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

-static tracking test.

My rifle took a 3 foot fall this past season. It doesn't happen often but it isn't real rare either. Steep hillside, wet leaves over a wet rock, slick as ice. I checked zero that afternoon and the Leupold was still putting them 2" high at 100, right where it's supposed to.

Can’t beat that with a stick. I’d have never wandered if mine fared as well mostly.

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

-static tracking test.

Actually I wasn’t even thinking about that. I don’t actually have any issues with what the OP did for his test I was just reading this other thread and thought the testing procedure made sense.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

-static tracking test.

He recreates common impacts that have happened to him in use. Rifle riding around uncased in vehicle, rifle knocked over when leaned up against something, rifle on bipod knocked over.
Some people argue that the drop tests done by Formidilisus are abusive and not practical, but those same people might not think so in this case.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

-static tracking test.

He recreates common impacts that have happened to him in use. Rifle riding around uncased in vehicle, rifle knocked over when leaned up against something, rifle on bipod knocked over.
Some people argue that the drop tests done by Formidilisus are abusive and not practical, but those same people might not think so in this case.

I’d agree with that. Hunt hard enough and stuff happens.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone who has never experienced any kind of scope failure, regardless of brand, hasn’t made enough spent primers to fill a teaspoon

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I was crossing a creek in the dark while elk hunting and broke though the ice into knee deep water,, landing on the rifle with the scope hitting first. Hunted the rest of the day, didn't see any elk, and it was a good thing.
When slipping my rifle into a case at the truck I noticed the objective end was bent down toward the barrel. Pulled the bolt out to do a quick crude boresight and that Leupold was right on the money, verified with a couple test shots.

Just kidding, it wasn't even hitting "minute of hillside."

Sent it in to Leupold to see if they could fix it. They told me to buy a new one.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I was crossing a creek in the dark while elk hunting and broke though the ice into knee deep water,, landing on the rifle with the scope hitting first. Hunted the rest of the day, didn't see any elk, and it was a good thing.
When slipping my rifle into a case at the truck I noticed the objective end was bent down toward the barrel. Pulled the bolt out to do a quick crude boresight and that Leupold was right on the money, verified with a couple test shots.

Just kidding, it wasn't even hitting "minute of hillside."

Sent it in to Leupold to see if they could fix it. They told me to buy a new one.

You can send them a box of smashed parts and they will replace the scope, no questions asked. Same not true for many other "warranties"

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
60' toss and a couple nice bounces off rocks. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Flipside. My MK5 couldn't make the "trip" from shipping container,to World Class Rifle and HILARIOUSLY took a rifle that shoots in the .2's to 1-1/2" ++. Hint.

Simply return it's original glass and it's back in the .2's,tracking like it has eyes. Too bad Reupold can't get their schit together,in the real World. It's interesting that $300 offerings from others,trump the mechanics of a $2000 Reupold. Hint.

To be continued. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Flipside. My MK5 couldn't make the "trip" from shipping container,to World Class Rifle and HILARIOUSLY took a rifle that shoots in the .2's to 1-1/2" ++. Hint.
Doubt it. Much more likely a guy shooting off a backpack made a rifle that shoots in the .2's shoot into 1 1/2" ++. Hint.

Politics is War by Other Means
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
New year, same old BS Riar Rarry.

Try that shtick over at long range forums. Oh, that's right, they booted your ass for being a fraud and troll. Hint

Page 61 of 254 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 253 254

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (1lessdog, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 41 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,205
Posts18,503,819
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.