Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahahaha!

Fugging city people.

Dogs are like horses.

Only about a third of them are worth a shįt.

You do the whole thing a disservice by keeping them around.

Fugging people who will åss shoot a deer and watch it die for an hour get all uppity over killing a shìtbag dog.

Seems normal....

Dogs are mostly a reflection of their owners, which is why most of yours suck.

You know Jim and his dogs personally?

Or are you just another idiot guessing... like every other swinging dick commie out there?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dutch
A dog that bites needs put down

An owner that keeps a dog that bites needs put down

if you're not capable of putting down a dog that needs it, don't get a dog

BINGO...

FedEx included!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Hahahaha!

Fugging city people.

Dogs are like horses.

Fugging people who will åss shoot a deer and watch it die for an hour get all uppity over killing a shìtbag dog.

Seems normal....

Or are you just another idiot guessing... like every other swinging dick commie out there?

I’ve met Jim and his dogs and like and respect the whole pack.

Urban folk just don’t get it.

MAGA
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Hahahaha!

Fugging city people.

Dogs are like horses.

Seems normal....

I’ve met Jim and his dogs and like and respect the whole pack.

Urban folk just don’t get it.

Enough said... for me.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

In this case, it’s the jackss owners fault! Only an idiot takes an untrained GWP out on a pheasant hunt with other dogs, then allows it to get out and kill chickens, and then fuggs up and gets bit because she doesn’t understand the dog when the GWP is doing EXACTLY what they are bred to do.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jetjockey

In this case, it’s the jack@ss owners fault! Only an idiot takes an untrained GWP out on a pheasant hunt with other dogs, then allows it to get out and kill chickens, and then fuggs up and gets bit because she doesn’t understand the dog when the GWP is doing EXACTLY what they are bred to do.

In reality, only an idiot ASSUMES to know all the circumstances around an incident, and how much training was actually involved.

You'd probably be surprised at the number of pups that don't make it through various stages of training in any given field trial situation. I've known for a long time that top breeders and trainers cull very deep because their reputations, as well as the expensive bloodlines are at stake. Horses too. And several other animals.

But please continue to let your emotions run rampant.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This isn’t about Kristi, it’s about the reaction to an incident.

People have criticized Kristi for something they don’t agree with. The dog is no loss to the world and you can see through the reactions of people with a misplaced sense of reality that has replaced humans with animals.

Kristi has proven her resilience and political skills through her actions as a governor. She never shut down South Dakota during Covid, she has and continues to support conservative politics. Few people, let alone a woman, have the spine and a moral and political compass she has and all the uproar over a worthless dog has shown how America has deteriorated by this reaction.

Forget Kristi and consider all the reactions, this is the real litmus test of what is right or wrong in America…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

In this case, it’s the jack@ss owners fault! Only an idiot takes an untrained GWP out on a pheasant hunt with other dogs, then allows it to get out and kill chickens, and then fuggs up and gets bit because she doesn’t understand the dog when the GWP is doing EXACTLY what they are bred to do.
Bred to be human aggressive and un-biddable, gotcha.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
This isn’t about Kristi, it’s about the reaction to an incident.

People have criticized Kristi for something they don’t agree with. The dog is no loss to the world and you can see through the reactions of people with a misplaced sense of reality that has replaced humans with animals.

Kristi has proven her resilience and political skills through her actions as a governor. She never shut down South Dakota during Covid, she has and continues to support conservative politics. Few people, let alone a woman, have the spine and a moral and political compass she has and all the uproar over a worthless dog has shown how America has deteriorated by this reaction.

Forget Kristi and consider all the reactions, this is the real litmus test of what is right or wrong in America…

This ^^^

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Upperplainsman
Her dad died when she was a young teen and it was up to her to make the ranch work.
Almost true. Her father died in a farming accident in 1994 when Kristi was 23, the same year she had her first child. Sounds like she was already well into adulthood.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah your right but it is also about being smart enough to know somethings don"t need to be said or publicly discussed. It will cost her support and votes. Just like conservatives stance on abortion and until they figure that out it will keep costing them political offices and getting this country back on track. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

In reality, only an idiot ASSUMES to know all the circumstances around an incident, and how much training was actually involved.

You'd probably be surprised at the number of pups that don't make it through various stages of training in any given field trial situation. I've known for a long time that top breeders and trainers cull very deep because their reputations, as well as the expensive bloodlines are at stake. Horses too. And several other animals.

But please continue to let your emotions run rampant.

This isn’t about field trials though is it? It’s about a person who put their dog on the ground in a hunting situation to “learn from other dogs.” That’s about as big of a red flag as you can get. And I’m very aware of how breeders breed and treat their dogs. Thank god the ways of the past are mostly gone. Instead of killing the dog, she should have given it to someone who understands how to train and handle a bird dog.

Last edited by jetjockey; 04/28/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Instead of killing the dog, she should have given it to someone who understands how to train and handle a bird dog.

Someone who knowingly gives a human-aggressive dog away should be legally held as an criminal accessory as well as civilly liable any time that dog bites again.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Instead of killing the dog, she should have given it to someone who understands how to train and handle a bird dog.

Someone who knowingly gives a human-aggressive dog away should be legally held as an criminal accessory as well as civilly liable any time that dog bites again.

This thread kicked sand in all the emotional little liberal cunnies... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I wasn't there. I don't know Kristi Noem. I didn't know the dog. These facts make it impossible for me to judge that situation which led up to the shooting of the dog. Her telling of the story really shows an inability to read the room or fit the story to the moral. Her intent, I'm sure, was to show that she accepts responsibility when things go wrong (she paid for the dead chickens), and she is willing to make the hard choices (shooting the dog). Whether the shooting of the dog was done out a sense of duty or was the result of unbridled emotion (anger and embarrassment), I can't say. I wasn't there. That she failed in her attempt to select a story which highlight the attributes she wished to showcase is undeniable. In the end, supporters will give her a pass, detractors will vilify her, and those on the fence will split. Sadly, I think the split, in this instance, might benefit the Dems. GD

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Someone who knowingly gives a human-aggressive dog away should be legally held as a criminal accessory as well as civilly liable any time that dog bites again.

Posted by someone who obviously knows nothing about dogs. Like I said, anyone who knows anything about training dogs can see all the red flags in Noem’s story. I have NEVER had a dog get out of a secured crate! So why was the dog allowed to get around the chickens anyway? And also, why didn’t the electric collar work in the field? Two words, user error. I have rolled dogs via the collar, and it only takes once or twice. First time my male saw a javelina in AZ while quail hunting in AZ, he couldn’t help himself. While I didn’t really enjoy rolling him, I also knew he’d never run another javelina, which could get him killed.

Last edited by jetjockey; 04/28/24.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Someone who knowingly gives a human-aggressive dog away should be legally held as a criminal accessory as well as civilly liable any time that dog bites again.

Posted by someone who obviously knows nothing about dogs. Like I said, anyone who knows anything about training dogs can see all the red flags in Noem’s story. I have NEVER had a dog get out of a secured crate! So why was the dog allowed to get around the chickens anyway?

Hahaha!

You fugging sock puppets come up with some whoppers.

This is triple ace territory!

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Oh, so because something has "never happened to you" means it can't ever happen!
Got it...

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

This thread kicked sand in all the emotional little liberal cunnies... smile

Boy you said it!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Posted by someone who obviously knows nothing about dogs. Like I said, anyone who knows anything about training dogs can see all the red flags in Noem’s story. I have NEVER had a dog get out of a secured crate! So why was the dog allowed to get around the chickens anyway? And also, why didn’t the electric collar work in the field? Two words, user error. I have rolled dogs via the collar, and it only takes once or twice. First time my male saw a javelina in AZ while quail hunting in AZ, he couldn’t help himself. While I didn’t really enjoy rolling him, I also knew he’d never run another javelina, which could get him killed.

When you don't have an argument, attack the person........

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (308ld, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 20 invisible), 1,595 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,904
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.