Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This is a good thing. We need new and Conservative blood. Can you say Scott Walker?

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
People need to look a little deeper into Walker before they jump on his bandwagon. He's done some changing recently that makes him not so palatable to this conservative. His support for common core for one example.

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I agree with you on Romney, however.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I doubt we will find anyone that is "perfect".

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good news indeed.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It doesn't matter what Republican runs, because if they aren't perfect, voters will vote for some third party loser to
"send a message", and give the election to the Demoncrats like they have the last two

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sure hope you are wrong about that snyper.

Doug
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Common core is uncommonly stupid!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper
It doesn't matter what Republican runs, because if they aren't perfect, voters will vote for some third party loser to
"send a message", and give the election to the Demoncrats like they have the last two

Which "third party loser" got all those votes in '08 & '12?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Originally Posted by lastround

Very true. Conservatives come in varying levels of conservatism and with widely varying ideals. That's why no one candidate seems to be able to satisfy enough of us to win enough votes to take the big house. We tear down anyone who doesn't fit our ideals rather than getting behind our only chance en mass.

My previous remark is a good example.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
There is still plenty of time for it to shake out. I just hope we find someone that will be "perfect" enough. (Grin)

Doug
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heres Walkers voting record: http://www.ontheissues.org/Scott_Walker.htm

Seems like hes the best the republicans have so far

As for Romney, his best shot was in 2012 and that didn't go so well.

Last edited by 1tnhunter; 01/30/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are plenty here on 24hr who won't vote or will vote Libertarian or whatever. Some people can't do simple math to add up what that does to help the Democrat win. They complain about how so many will vote Dem for the 'free' stuff yet they vote Dem by not voting for the only other candidate with any chance to win.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Martinez/Cruz would be THE winning ticket.

You heard it here first.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
all the republicans have to do is run a candidate that isn't too far right and a little moderate. he would get a lot of the democratic vote. there are a lot of blue collar dems that are tired of the damn pussyfooting of the current admin. people are too damn sensitive and the dems are moving too far left.
just my opinion. I'm one of those blue collar dems. god forbid Hillary runs and wins, i'll have to hibernate for 4 years.

Last edited by joejo; 01/30/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There are plenty here on 24hr who won't vote or will vote Libertarian or whatever. Some people can't do simple math to add up what that does to help the Democrat win. They complain about how so many will vote Dem for the 'free' stuff yet they vote Dem by not voting for the only other candidate with any chance to win.

Don't confuse being a libertarian with "Libertarian". Anybody that's not a libertarian is an idiot.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lastround

that is the key to the last several Republican defeats in the contest for President. If a given candidate is not 100% pure (in our personal view), we won't vote. Millions of Republicans sit out election after election. By doing so, they guarantee a dhimmicrat victory.
Personally, I examine each candidate's position. I look at what they have said, and what they have done. I look at who they get money from, and who they hang with.
Then I flip a coin, and try to pick the guy that will hurt me the least, if elected. I think once or twice, since I started voting in 1964, I have guessed correctly. laugh

Last edited by Mannlicher; 01/30/15.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joejo
all the republicans have to do is run a candidate that isn't too far right and a little moderate. he would get a lot of the democratic vote. there are a lot of blue collar dems that are tired of the damn pussyfooting of the current admin. people are too damn sensitive and the dems are moving too far left.
just my opinion. I'm one of those blue collar dems. god forbid Hillary runs and wins, i'll have to hibernate for 4 years.

You may not have any brains, but I'll compliment your balls.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Oh don't worry there are lots more moderate d-bags the insiders will get nominated for us; I have utmost confidence they'll pi$$ away this easy win as always.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J

Originally Posted by ltppowell

You may not have any brains, but I'll compliment your balls.

that's funny right there

well its cold and snowing here and what better than stir the chit a little to spice things up.

Last edited by joejo; 01/30/15.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (308ld, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 20 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,904
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.