Originally Posted by Fury01
Reading and surmising that you switched both brass and bullets in the posted target load so how did you determine the brass caused flyers?

I've shot these bullets before and they shot just like the Woodleigh.

What I changed was the brass and the powder charge so it could be the charge and not the cases.

It is interesting that I checked the powder charge on my 450NE-my second double Rifle,and I found a site with load data for IMR4831 and the 480gr bullets

that shows data with close to 7grs of powder difference between max loads used with Woodleigh and Hornady bullets.My charge is 9grs more than the 2100fps than the load with the Hornady bullet.

https://450nitroexpress.weebly.com/reloading-data.html

Up until now I have only used the load given to me by the manufacturer-the load the rifles were regulated with.

Furthermore,the 450 is uncomfortable to shoot even with a mercury break.I had a swollen nose and bruised face at the last range session.

I have returned it to the manufacturer a couple of times and it still shoots all over the place.

I am going to try reducing the load just like I did with my 500 and see what happens.

I would change the cases for Norma but Norma doesn't make cases for the 450.

Last edited by swiftshot; 03/05/24.