Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by Holston
I bought 1000 of these a while back. Haven’t gotten the accuracy I was hoping for yet.

There are 3 versions (or more) of the 55 grain Hornady soft point: boat tail w/ cannelure, flat base w/ cannelure, and flat base w/o cannelure. My current A/R (Ruger MPR) loves all 3 with the same load: WW brass (size w/ RCBS X die), Federal 205 AR match primers, and a max load of H335, seated as long as a p-mag will allow. All three shoot near half inch for 5 shots at 100 yards.

Tom

That's good info. I believe I also had my best luck with H335. This was with the 55gr sp interlock bullet. Not a max load though, I believe I was a grain off of max in the Hornady manual. Ran BR4 primers because I had a bunch at the time, and I was trying to produce the most accurate load. 5 into around an inch was about the best I could muster in several AR's and a Ruger M77 varmint, and Ruger Hawkeye with 1 in 9" twist.. I went just the opposite direction as someone said, after that, and started loading the 53gr V-max for varmints and targets. This is, after all, the varmint rifle reloading forums.. With the 53gr V-max, I also had very good success with H335 powder. I'm still a little leery of that powder though, after guys like seafire say they blew up a rifle (or something to that effect) with it.. YMMV..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA