Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I thought the Single Shot Chambering Act was in 1885.

I believe the 1885 state legislation was the Low Wall/High Wall Act. Utah was bitterly divided on which rifle would be used to arm the territorial militias. Would it be the 22 WCF or the 45-70?

Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Glad you got that all sorted out without it creating an issue. Good information to know, thanks.

It seems to be chamber dependent. The new Contender MGM barrel is tight. My Handi and Encore barrels accept Prvi with no problems. I'm talking in thousandths of an inch. I am uncomfortable with having that tight a neck. There is no room to expand and pressure goes up.

Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I don't care for PPU brass for fireforming in my K-Hornet (a Winchester 54). That gun has a very tight chamber although the camming action of the bolt does get them in ok. When the stash of PPU's is used up I'll try to avoid them in future for that purpose. Others of my Hornets don't seem to care, but their chambers are looser.

That makes sense. It's amazing what a couple of thou can influence.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is part of the chrono reading from the Prvi loads. Crunching the numbers puts the pressure at approximately 48,500 PSI. Over the suggested limit. This was a 11.0 gr of Lil Gun with a 45 gr Speer bullets. The chamber can easily handle the pressure, but it plays hell on the brass.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]