Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by Q_Sertorius
Can someone explain to me WTF is going on with this auction? I saw it in the “Hot Firearms” as I was waiting at the doctor’s office. Normally that section is filled with nice Garands and 1911’s.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1042702624

I don’t know much about Glocks, so it makes no sense to me.

Did you see Gen 1 G19 with tag of $59,000+? He is not interested in selling but if someone really wants one of 2 he has.... To me these are worth about $350 per gun, zero interest. Last I checked plastic does not improve with age.
Glock should work with US distributors to bring new batch Gen 1 G19s like they did with P80 and Gen1 G17s. I bet idiots would pay $1000 per gun.

I'm with you. To me, a Glock has always been a $300-400 pistol that I never bought because it looked fugly and whenever I pointed one with my normal pistol stance it pointed too far up (unlike my 1911, Browning Hi-Power, service-issue Beretta, or SIG, which all pointed beautifully). No offense to those who love Glocks. I am friends with many people who like Glocks. But they aren't for me. And seeing a Glock that is younger than I am and not in particularly good condition going for that much just boggles my mind.

I guess I am just old? Being born in 1979 and Glocks being "new guns" I just didn't think that anyone would ever collect them. To me, it would be like collecting 1990's Remingtons or Winchesters. Am I a gun snob? Probably.