Quite sufficient I would say. G1 Bc being what it is and all, most RN or semi RN bullets are over .300 and as such really are quite capable at most hunting ranges. An added benefit is if you do put one into the vitals at extended range, they are more likly to expand a bit and still penetrate well. The Speer 275 grain semi spitzer which really was a semi round nose renamed to “conceal” that fact took my largest Bull at 425-450 yards, broke onside shoulder, shattered 3-4 vertebrae, was found by butcher in off side shoulder past the clavicle and weighed 212 grains. “Broke the most bone I’ve ever seen “ was what the old butcher told me. It was the only 338 275 Speer I ever caught inside an elk. It started at the muzzle under 2500 fps. I would not have caught that one if I hadn’t gotten into the spine. Shot a big cow at about the same range trotting away at 15 degrees, in the flank and out the shoulder, neck junction. It passed through the liver and never took another step.
I grew up in SW CO and hunted from the rock canyons to above timberline in the San Juan’s, hunted Upstate NY where I lived for about a decade and now in Kansas. I think that geography covers most hunting opportunities and the relationships cover most actual experiences. I understand that there is a group of situations and experiences outside that by I think that percentage is small.
I also use and like higher BC bullets and appreciate the slight advantage they have in my 450 and under hunting as well.
Best regards,
F01