Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
People have been using double action revolvers for a long long time with no safeties. A DAO autoloader fulfills that same role with a flatter, higher capacity instrument.

My personal view on the matter is, if you ever need a handgun to defend yourself, it's quite likely to be a "pull it and start shooting" situation. A safety on a DAO autoloader is just something that will complicate a high stress situation.

Which is exactly why I chose the LC9s pro, and a Glock 17. I want a pull it and shoot it gun. I can carry an auto or revolver and have them function the same.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an SR9C and love it. Too big to carry though without showing it to everybody or wearing a trench coat.

Been threatening to buy a LCS9 for a while but just bough one today. Triggers are very similar. As for the safety, I am 52 years old and have been shooting and hunting for over 40 of those years. Every gun I have ever pulled trigger on had to have the safety disengaged before it was shot. Second nature for me. I'll take my chance on my instincts in a tight spot as opposed to the chances of blowing my balls or Johnson or foot off.

Can put the LCS9 in your pocket and no bigger than a cell phone.

After the last incident in Ca a few days ago, don't feel safe anywhere anymore.

I get that it is not the best choice in a life and death situation against determined well armed radicals, but I'll have a better chance than those poor bastids in Paris and San Bernadino did....

Last edited by 99guy; 12/07/15. Reason: still can't type or spell

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
99guy,

The first rule of winning a gun fight is to have a gun! Much better a pocket 9 on your person than a big 'perfect' gun somewhere else!

Good on ya for starting to carry with regularity, and you are right, this is no longer the safe world we once knew.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SafariMan:"We just bought the LC9s PRO"
" For unto us, CHRIST the SAVIOR is given! "

How is your cousin, the kidney donor, faring?

I'd bet the $ you're spending on new guns and ripping thru expensive 22 WMR ammo would make her life easier.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
People have been using double action revolvers for a long long time with no safeties. A DAO autoloader fulfills that same role with a flatter, higher capacity instrument.

My personal view on the matter is, if you ever need a handgun to defend yourself, it's quite likely to be a "pull it and start shooting" situation. A safety on a DAO autoloader is just something that will complicate a high stress situation.

this thing has a lot lighter trigger than a double action revolver. No way i would carry it with one in the chamber and no safety without a full holster covering the trigger area.
Agree with night owl.
the safety is small, but it is there. one can use it or not.
it would remind me of carrying a glock with one in the chamber and no holster.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JBARTRAM
SafariMan:"We just bought the LC9s PRO"
" For unto us, CHRIST the SAVIOR is given! "

How is your cousin, the kidney donor, faring?

I'd bet the $ you're spending on new guns and ripping thru expensive 22 WMR ammo would make her life easier.

Donor died, wife divorced him, at least I think that, not sure on that.

Bankruptcy trustee I believe may reopen the case from what I understand.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How do you guys keep up with all the SM drama, is it the redneck version of a telenovela?

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How are the Ruger LCP pistols? Palmetto is selling them for $199.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
How do you guys keep up with all the SM drama, is it the redneck version of a telenovela?

[Linked Image]

Ponch looks confused by SM's instructions for sight adjustment on the PMR-30.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bearstalker
How are the Ruger LCP pistols? Palmetto is selling them for $199.

Maybe the best ever .380's. Easy on the pocket AND the pocketbook.

Near clone to the KelTec P3AT which is also a great running pistol. I am told that many parts interchange, I have not tried it.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A problem with the 380 is that so many assaults these days are committed by perps on drugs. The 380 might stop a sane person but it's questionable against a drug fueled attacker as is the 22 Mag discussed on another thread. A 9mm with one of the modern expanding bullets is a much better stopper.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (16penny, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 57 invisible), 1,901 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,877
Posts18,497,701
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.