GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
All pros.

No cons.

Buy.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My grandson has one. Repeatable accuracy has proven to be less than hoped for when it has been taken down and reassembled. Initially, we had an issue with the open sights, as it was shooting about a foot and a half to the right as it came from the factory. The rear sight had to be tapped considerably off center to get it sighted in.

I put a 4X Weaver scope on it and it grouped several different brands of .22 long rifle acceptably at 50 yards. However, we have to check the impact each time we reassemble it. Sometimes it has to be taken apart and put back together two or three times to get the rifle putting the bullets where we had them hitting before it was disassembled. The barrel and fore end lock up tight and seem to be in the same position, but obviously there is some room for error.

Other than that, it shoots equally as good as my 32-year old 10-22 has been doing since I bought it in 1983.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mudhen
My grandson has one. Repeatable accuracy has proven to be less than hoped for when it has been taken down and reassembled. Initially, we had an issue with the open sights, as it was shooting about a foot and a half to the right as it came from the factory. The rear sight had to be tapped considerably off center to get it sighted in.

I put a 4X Weaver scope on it and it grouped several different brands of .22 long rifle acceptably at 50 yards. However, we have to check the impact each time we reassemble it. Sometimes it has to be taken apart and put back together two or three times to get the rifle putting the bullets where we had them hitting before it was disassembled. The barrel and fore end lock up tight and seem to be in the same position, but obviously there is some room for error.

Other than that, it shoots equally as good as my 32-year old 10-22 has been doing since I bought it in 1983.

Repeatability is exactly what I wanted to learn about.. Thank you.. I think I'll stick to the non-takedown item..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
My son really likes the Charger take-down so we probably have one of these in our future lineup. Hopefully this isn't a common issue but at least I'll know it's a possibility. Thanks for the heads-up!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mine returns to zero after disassembly.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sherri has one, and hers anyway has a great deal more drop to the stock comb than my recently aquired light varmint model 10/22. Enough so that we had to put a 3/8" neoprene Kick-eeze over the comb pad on it to allow for a decent cheek weld when using a scope.

Stock dimensions are set for irons.

We have not tested it for repeatability after take down and re assembly, but plan to test this soon and report on it here.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
hi lee,

I have worked on two of them. both had the same complaint. accuracy was bad and worse after takedown. the barrel to receiver fit was real loose. the owners decided to take up the issue with the seller not me. I have no idea how it was resolved.
max

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've not seen one personally, nor has one come into the shop so I've not been able to see how the takedown operation is engineered, hence the question..

I have a Marlin 60 that's been trouble-free for years but had thought of obtaining a 10-22 because, IMHO, it's the best semi-auto 22 out there.

Think I'll stick with the regular version if I get one..

Thanks all..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I must be super lucky.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by mudhen

Repeatability is exactly what I wanted to learn about.. Thank you.. I think I'll stick to the non-takedown item..

You must be a telemarketers dream call.

After years of use and plenty of takedowns, guess I also got lucky.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Travis must have bothered to read the instruction manual...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
All pros.

No cons.

Buy.

Travis

This.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Adjust the barrel nut and drop the bolt 10x after every reassembly and if fixes all repeatability issues. If it gets erratic, check the barrel nut.

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Redneck
I've not seen one personally, nor has one come into the shop so I've not been able to see how the takedown operation is engineered, hence the question..

I have a Marlin 60 that's been trouble-free for years but had thought of obtaining a 10-22 because, IMHO, it's the best semi-auto 22 out there.

Think I'll stick with the regular version if I get one..

Thanks all..

Redneck. Take a look at the Commerative #2. It has a front sight like a Mini 14, no rear sight cut and a Picatinny rail with built in peep. The stock is like the Ruger American .22s and comes with a stock that can be upgraded with a high comb insert if you prefer a scope. I bought my new son-in-law one for Christmas.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
NOW they offer a threaded bull barrel takedown. cry Might hafta get this one!

[Linked Image]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
AND, Tac-Sol is making the SBX barrel for the Takedown.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series/1022-takedown-s-bx-barrel

Travis

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave
AND, Tac-Sol is making the SBX barrel for the Takedown.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series/1022-takedown-s-bx-barrel

Travis

AND, Cabelas has them on sale for $249 minus $15 and free shipping! (or $30 off plus shipping if you have a code)

Tac-Sol Barrel

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE

You must be a telemarketers dream call..
Oh, yah, ya got me.. I answer EVERY call and buy WHATEVER they're sellin'...

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

Redneck. Take a look at the Commerative #2.
I did look at that one - nice rifle, that... Leaning towards the SS/synth cheapie just as a grab-n-go w/o worry about beating up a decent stock.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The Compact models are awesome for shooting out of the vehicle.

Travis

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,320
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.