Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by k20350
I would spend the first few days after at work. Telling customers and management types all the [bleep] I've had to hold my tongue on for years.Then buy a yellow suit with purpl e gator shoes to begin my odyssey.

Don, Don Cherry, is that you? shocked

Geno

PS, yours is a wonderful reply to the OP !

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
While I would quit working for money, I wouldn't quite altogether. I'd find a local non-profit to donate my time to, maybe teach at the local school or secondary education group. Maybe buy a little nicer of a house...hunt Africa for a month or two...and really, that's it. Well, maybe a couple of education trusts for the nieces.

For me, the important part is being able to give back.

Whatever I don't use, I'll figure I'll donate appropriately.

As to making a big deal of it? Nope. No way. I'll run as under the radar as I possibly can.

Hunt Africa while you can
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'd hire someone to whack George Soros.

Fugg that. whack him ya own damn sefl. You'd have enough money to buy an acquittal!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
70 ft+ viking sportfisherman, and go fishing.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Lots of good ideas here. But the FIRST thing you do is change your phone number.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd buy about 200 acres and run a few head of beef cattle. Give a lot of it to St Jude, Wounded Warrior Project, and American Cancer Society. Help out some friends/family. Build a nice shop to work on guns, trucks and tractors.

I'd live my ultimate dream of hunting every game animal in North America at least once. I'd also take the time to train a little better and do a few more Tough Mudder runs.

And I'd drag my kids along for all of it!!!

Last edited by CowboyTim; 05/08/17.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First, pay the taxes and get a good tax person/CPA/financial planner (fiduciary type!) and start there. Invest 1/2 or so of what remains after taxes.

Ask my wife what would she like to do.

Finally get my "pack" of 27 dogs! (some for hunting birds, some for racing, some for the couch, some hounds, some "bulldog types", probably a terrier or two for doing underground work)

Probably put a bunch in a trust for my nieces and nephews and "grand nephew" ( $2mil each?)

Pay off the place we just purchased in N CA, backed on three sides by BLM land, 3 neighbors beyond us until the road ends. Keep that for a recreational house and start putting in for deer tags in that Zone (might be the hardest one to draw in CA)

Buy a residence and plot of land in a more "gun friendly state", hopefully a place that could have a personal range out to 200 yds or so.

Take a fishing and plains game trip to Africa, possibly some sort of sheep/goat hunt in Asia, maybe moose in AK/BC or Eastern Canuckia. Halibut and salmon trip to AK for filling the freezer some.

Season tickets to the Sharks and a place to stay in the area. Apartment/condo might work.

I have four siblings, the "poorest" of who would get more than the "richest", (I'm a progressive in that respect laugh ). The poorest could then retire and move to NC to be with his grandson. The richest is doing pretty well now and would get enough to get out of SoCal if they chose to while retaining their investment in the house 5 blocks from the beach. Maybe ask to turn it into a family "time share"? We all like the beach, none of us can really enjoy the traffic etc. Two of us are out of there. Another splits time btwn work there and AZ.

Think about setting up a business I enjoy so I could employ a few folks in the rural areas I would end up living. Jobs can be hard to come by there. If I play it right, even losing money I could help out. If I end up with $250mil after taxes, even only 200, invest 1/2 still have 100 mil, a guy can stretch that some if they play it right and the 100 mil invested brings in a good return.

Eat dinner in the rich folks restaurants! cool

Buy bigger safes for the new toys.

Heck, I might even find out if a former co-worker who was/is a guide on the Fort Apache Indian Reservation is still guiding, then pay for one of those fancy guided elk hunts the White Mountain Apache Tribe puts on. I lived in the area for a number of years and have seen the elk there.

Probably start a quest to catch every "sportfish" in the USA or North America.

Go rabbit hunting with "elks" (elkhunternm) , but I'll use my own rifle! wink

Meet some of you folks in my travels around fishing and hunting.

Geno

PS, anyone who has to keep working after getting all that money, outside of volunteer work maybe, has my deepest sympathy. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Chicken dinner.'cause I'm now a winner!

GOA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'd buy some "deer land" and a separate piece of "pheasant land" in my native ND. I'd put a nicer camper up on our permanent spot on Devils Lake or I'd buy some land and build a house and quarters for our good friends from the campground. I'd probably have to have another place and boat up on the NW Angle of Lake of the Woods as well. I'd hunt and fish all over. Africa, Asia, South America, New Zealand, Canada, and Alaska. I'd find a nice low-grazed green pasture to buy so I could shoot gophers with a 22lr like I did when I was growing up.

I'd pay off some family member's educational loans and do some educational trusts for some family member's kids. Along the education lines, I'd do what I could to promote the shooting sports within ND schools. Guns, ammo, facilities, instruction, whatever.

Last edited by horse1; 05/08/17.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i sure as hell wouldn't buy land and houses,who'd wanta be in one place for long enough to own anything.i'd hunt the world.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i sure as hell wouldn't buy land and houses,who'd wanta be in one place for long enough to own anything.i'd hunt the world.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'd farm until it was gone.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'd hire someone to whack George Soros.

Dammit, beat me to it.

Set up a trust fund/scholarship for College tuition for all my Grand Kids and their progeny, with lots of restrictions on required GPA and a minimum of 15 hrs employment per week. With all funds with held from poly sci or other snow flake degrees.

But I suppose I would have to purchase my first lottery ticket before there could be any chance of that happening.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I'd buy the old 4aces Ranch in Texas. Then I'd spend the rest of my days hunting, fishing,cooking and eating with my family and friends on my little 18K acre slice of heaven! The rest would go to ST. Judes Childrens Hospital in Memphis!

I believe it's for sale for a reasonable $100million. I too would buy a ranch somewhere in the hill country but not sure I'd swing that high.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I might would buy ole miss some better football players that don't smoke dope.

Not really. It would be Family, land, guns, hunting trips, and gospel missions.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Run for Senate in WA and replace Patty Murray.

+ 1,000,000

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
I'd farm until it was gone.

I like the way you think!!!

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Win it in Canada and you don't have to pay taxes on it...

I think there are a few locations that I could spend much of my life in. West coast of BC comes to mind.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would spend whatever is necessary to make my mom comfortable during chemo Thursday and the next twelve weekly treatments.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd pay Rick Bin to kill the pop-ups FOREVER.

smile

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,354
Posts18,527,058
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.