Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
The big news around here was 5 kids from Clio High dropped a large rock off an overpass on I-75 and killed a 32 year old Dad. This made national news so some of you may have seen it. I and many around here are just baffled and I just kept thinking about how terrible this was and nothing positive at all. I guess I assumed that this was the first time they did this and it totally went horrible

Well tonight after the ball game I watched the local news and WTF it appears at this time someone had been doing this for a little while atleast OHMYGOSH. Someone dropped a shopping cart off the overpass. I am making the assumption that the same partys are responsible. What the hell was the end game? Didnt they see the damage and didnt something click that this was not good?

With this info it just makes my much harder on them and hope they just get locked away. If they seen the distruction and thought it was fun, they have no conscience or morals. It is said after this 32 year old Father (by his picture I would say he could have been a fire member) died they went to Mc Donalds and ate I dont know why but that even makes it seem worse.

Also it makes me ask if this has been going on were the cops patroling the over passes? I would think they should have been on heightened alert and maybe they were. They reported there was a girl in the truck but she stayed in and didnt have a part in it she seems to be out at this time

The whole think just sucks
When I look at these kids they look like average middle class kids like anyone else around here

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw it on the news. I feel for their mothers and the family of the dead man.

Those bastards should be thrown off the overpass.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MadMooner

with four foot ropes tied to the rail and nooses around their necks

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ditto.....that one tugged at me......

Working dad driving down the road minding his own business (probably to or from work) never knew what hit him.

B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I agree The familys of the kids and the Father really dont deserve this I am sure

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No sympathy for their dads.

That azz should have been beat long before they thought it was amusing to drop rocks off an overpass onto an interstate.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When I was in college in Boston, often I've seen where kids would pull manhole
covers up... roll them down to a bridge and then drop them off...
in an attempt to hit something....

Use to see them do that in the summer, coming home at about 1 in the morning
from my job at a Lums Restaurant...the bridge went over a train rail yard where
they would bring railcars full of new cars... the kids would try to hit those cars
while the train was parked....

I passed a Winnebago on Rt 2, heading into Cambridge one afternoon....

I was about half a mile ahead of it, when some kids did the same thing,
dropping a manhole cover, off the bridge into traffic on a freeway...

they were targeting trucks and large vehicles.... that manhole cover went right
thru the drivers windshield, killing him instantly, plus cutting him in half...
and then the Winnebago went out of control at 65 mph....there were several
family members also killed when the Winnebago crashed...

The kids who did it were never caught....

and besides that, think of driving down a road or street at night
at 30 to 40 mph, and hitting a manhole, with the cover off of it...

Little Fuquers...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
The Dad indeed was coming home from work, so sad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same thing happened in Little Rock, Arkansas a few years back with kids using concrete blocks. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
When I was just a teen new driver I was driving my VW Beetle on a busy highway in rush hour traffic some hooligans dropped a cherry bomb off an overpass onto my windshield. You can imagine the effect the blinding flash and explosion had, good thing I was young as it might have given an older driver a heart attack. Some years later in the tumultuous 60's my parents were driving thru the wrong part of town when the natives started throwing cinder blocks off roof tops. They were lucky to get out of there with their lives, the windshield was shattered and the roof of the car battered so they were barely able to open the doors.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That happened down here. Killed a woman.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Sorry for the loss in your community. Little or no comfort to be found here. Hate to stereo type Yet I would be surprised if no substance abuse was involved here. Sad to say this type of thing is not exactly new. Pumpkins and Watermelons have been more common in the past. Then and now devistating results have been experienced by family involved. Loose loose all around. They were not thinking and part of me blames video games along w substance abuse.

Again sorry for your communities loss.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ain't even close to the first time little hellions have thrown stuff off overpasses passes and killed folks. I can remember that happening here, off a pedestrian foot bridge over a freeway. Chunks of concrete, or a handful of marbles seem to be the usual missiles. Make them attend the funeral in cuffs, then lock 'em up.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The kids are being tried as adults, with 2nd degree manslaughter and have been denied bail. Hope the prosecutor stays the course, and the judge has more sense then they usually show around here. I think bubba is going to show them the error of their ways for a long time to come.

I must confess, I was born at a very early age. --Groucho Marx

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when they deserve it. --Mark Twain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Jeez. What the hell could they have been thinking?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No sympathy for their dads.

That azz should have been beat long before they thought it was amusing to drop rocks off an overpass onto an interstate.

You don't know that it wasn't.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
They were not thinking and part of me blames video games along w substance abuse.

I blame the fugking idiots throwing schit off an overpass.

Not the parents, not video games, and not drugs or alcohol.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My wife and I were truck drivers (owner/operators) for a little while, and lost a windshield near Paducah,Ky. The rock (while small) blew glass all the way back into the sleeper area. I was in pretty good shape back then.... stopped the truck, ran back to the overpass, and almost caught the “little bastards”. They saw me just before I got to them... they were faster on bikes than I was after a 1/4 mile run and a climb up onto the over pass. I was close enough for a easy pistol shot, when they started “pulling away from” me. Believe this... the pistol shot was “very” tempting!!!! mad memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
2'nd degree man is a bullschit charge in this case.

The depraved little bassturds killed a man in a premeditated manner, knowing full well the consequences of their actions. Were I on the jury, 1'st degree murder would be an easy sell with a recomendation for maximum sentence.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few years ago a couple of young bucks from the rez were driving along hwy 12 a few miles down the road from my place when a big rock cut loose from a steep bank and killed both of em.
Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time.....what are the odds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 160user, 219DW, 68 invisible), 3,821 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,755
Posts18,535,633
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.