Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I have found that I shoot glocks better when the trigger spring is changed to a stronger spring, it only alters the pull a pound or so but it does improve my group size some. OTOH the Zev's and Ghost strikers have never done a lot more for my shooting. Anyone have a favorite trigger upgrade that has improved their shooting of the gun substantially?

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
After trying a bunch of stuff , found what works best for me is a ghost evo elite connector fitted to provide a very short over travel and firm over travel “stop”, everything else factory , but fully polished.

I have a medium short take up , crisp wall , short overtravel , fast reset

Last edited by jmd025; 08/09/19.

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
After about a thousand rounds, factory Glock triggers become fully polished on their own. Totally stock for me. My daily carry, currently, is a Glock 26 Gen 5. I only switched out to steel night sights. All else is stock.

For several years previously, my daily carry was a Glock 17 Gen 4 (now my full time night stand gun), also 100% stock apart from the sights.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Glock triggers always seem to stir heated debates on forums like this for some reason. But I'll throw some gas on the fire...

Almost all of my Glocks have a Vogel triggers in them. I was at SHOT show in January and fell in love with Pyramid Triggers (glockstore.com) and bought one on site. Put it in my G34 competition gun and hated it. It reduced the pull by a full pound over the Vogel trigger, but reset was awkward and the overtravel could not be adjusted. Vogel trigger went back in. I just can't leave well enough alone in a Glock, but it seems the more I mess with them, the more problems I have. Not always...but typically. One thing I can't stand are serrated triggers - those get changed our right away to a smooth faced stock trigger. The Vogel trigger is great and comes with a complete set of springs to fine tune things. So if you really want to mess around under the hood, it's perfect, otherwise a $5 3.5lb Ghost connector is all I'd recommend.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I tried an Apex in my G45 and hated it right from the start, sent it back. Tried a Ghost in a guys gun that thought it was great, it wasn't. I'm sticking with stock.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got a G19 Gen 3 brand new in Feb. 2012. Not crazy about the trigger but they say after a couple thousand rounds it may be much better. Currently has almost 1800 rounds through it since new and I'm still waiting for it to get better. Other than the trigger I like it. Maybe I'll wait until about 2500 rounds and then decide what to do about that trigger. Glock trigger threads are always interesting.

M
M
Have a Zev's trigger and striker in G40 that is very nice for the range. But I am a little scared of a trigger pull that light on a pistol for every day carry. My edc glock 43 is stock.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
In a Gen1, 2, or 3 gun, I add a minus connector and I polish any burrs off of the engagement surfaces with a Dremel and Flitz. This combination gives you a pull about like a Glock that's been dry-fired 4-5k times.

Gen 4 and 5 triggers are usually GTG out of the box.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am pleased with the Zev in my G40.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Stock trigger is fine with me. Only change is Trijicon night sights.

IC B3

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
if you replace the safety plunger spring, and go to a 4 pound striker spring its a pretty good trigger which breaks about like the original but lighter.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
TG none of you were around in the age of DA revolvers...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker

There was plenty of discussion on how to set a trigger up back then too .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I own 3 of them DAO relics, 2 642's and a 640-1. Even shoot em in matches now and then. Has nothing to do with wanting a better trigger in a striker fired gun.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Polished factory trigger, with 3.5# connect.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I have found that I shoot glocks better when the trigger spring is changed to a stronger spring, it only alters the pull a pound or so but it does improve my group size some. OTOH the Zev's and Ghost strikers have never done a lot more for my shooting. Anyone have a favorite trigger upgrade that has improved their shooting of the gun substantially?

What is a Ghost or Zev striker?

I am still experimenting with a 19.4, 20.4, 43X, 42 and 26.5 (gone)

The 19.4 has a Poly DAT flat face trigger on a factory bar and .25 cent trigger job, I have not put it on a scale, it's decent and I will try a (-) connector next. The Poly DAT is also decent but I plan to install a Kineti-Tech flat face trigger.

The 20.4 is stock, it will likely get a (-) connector and Kineti-Tech trigger depending on the performance of the 19.4.

The 43X trigger sucked A$$ pegging my brothers trigger gauge over 10 lbs with a .25 cent trigger job. I installled and EVO Elite connector and Kineti-Tech flat trigger on a factory bar and it's now it's nice overall, estimating about a 5 lb pull.

The 42 is sweet as is, the best trigger of all the Glocks I have owned, it will get a Kinetic-Tech trigger eventually.

The 26.5 had a Ghost connector and was decent.

I prefer about 4-5 lbs and they all seem to be different between the model and generation and get modfied as needed.

Dave

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

I'd bet quite a few of us here have owned and carried DA revolvers. The last one I carried seriously was a Charter Bulldog in 44 Special. It's been a while...

For those of you who prefer a DA revolver trigger, Ghost has a new connector available that does a pretty good job of mimicking that in a Glock. IIRC they call it their "Angel" connector. I tried one out of curiosity; it's not what I prefer in a Glock trigger but it did give a smooth consistent pull all the way through the trigger travel and eliminates the 2-stage trigger feel.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I think I have a ghost rocket kicking around here somewhere, I may put that back into one of my guns to remind myself why I took it out. I will pass some information along, going to lighter striker springs is not something you want to do without testing the exact ammo your going to hunt with or carry in your gun. Primers vary in hardness and light strikers, no ignition can happen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had my G19 since 1996, and I like playing around with things as much as most.
But, it has always worked, I hated the trigger at first, but I could hit stuff with it.
I haven't felt the need to screw with something that was working good.

Now Ruger single actions...
They need help

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I went with a 3.5lb disconnector - nothing more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (7887mm08, arky65, anothergun, Amos63, 35, 5 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,694
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.