Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Outside of an election how may Russia handle the change of leadership, If Putin was Taken out of power in the coming months by a rival for example. Would such a change of power leave Russia & the world in a better or more dangerous place?

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Putin isn’t going anywhere. Don’t believe the BS on here about Russia being a free country and hating communism. These POS promoting Putin on here are commies themselves. They worship Putin, would lick his ass if he schitt diarrhea. Russia is ruled by it’s commie masters. Nothing has changed there other than the amount money they can get. Think Communism in camo, think China…..

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Putin isn’t going anywhere. Don’t believe the BS on here about Russia being a free country and hating communism. These POS promoting Putin on here are commies themselves. They worship Putin, would lick his ass if he schitt diarrhea. Russia is ruled by it’s commie masters. Nothing has changed there other than the amount money they can get. Think Communism in camo, think China…..

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IMO, if things go badly enough and Putin's inner circle get's cut off from their money and lifestyle for long enough, somebody is going to get pissed off enough to have Putin taken out by any means possible. In most commie nations, that usually means permanently and very publicly. I would not be surprised at all if this happens soon... the only thing that worries me about this scenario is what will Russia end up with for leadership then? A pro western leader? A moderate who will play nice with Europe and NATO? We may soon see...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Sheister
IMO, if things go badly enough and Putin's inner circle get's cut off from their money and lifestyle for long enough, somebody is going to get pissed off enough to have Putin taken out by any means possible. In most commie nations, that usually means permanently and very publicly. I would not be surprised at all if this happens soon... the only thing that worries me about this scenario is what will Russia end up with for leadership then? A pro western leader? A moderate who will play nice with Europe and NATO? We may soon see...

I would agree with you, but Putin has already shed his rivals, much like Stalin. Nothing is changing until he is dead. Keep in mind, Putin was KGB, he’s all commie. Maybe not in the true definition of communism, but more of a modern day commie (thinking about himself only). Communism is a disease that needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. Including in the US.

Last edited by MarkWV; 03/15/22.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Shame we can't take them all out at the same time, there and here.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am still very sceptical of the whole "oh the Russian people hate Putin" thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the distaste for the man was mainly centered in the (western) cities. I also cannot shed the impression that most Russians really couldn't give less of a hoot about what goes on in Moscow, having bigger problems themselves. Wouldn't call them commies, though. If anything modern Russia has perfected what can be called "government-cronyism" with just a handful of people profiting off of the fall of the Soviet union and the distribution of formerly government owned companies and nothing really changing for the citizens except for the ability to go to a McD's once in a while.

[Linked Image from b-i.forbesimg.com]

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Sheister

Wait and see what happens in the near term with Russia’s usd$ denominated bond payments coming due. There’s considerable talks in the investment community predicting default like was done in 1998-99 or an attempt by Russia to make the payments in Rubles which is a de facto default.
Any default would be very bad news for Putin, particularly with the big money Oligarchs who have been tepid in their support of Putin’s Ukraine invasion.

ETA:
These soon coming due bonds are presently selling for 10-20% of their actual value. Not a good indicator or vote of confidence in full payment being made.

Last edited by Houston_2; 03/16/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Wait and see what happens in the near term with Russia’s usd$ denominated bond payments coming due. There’s considerable talks in the investment community predicting default like was done in 1998-99 or an attempt by Russia to make the payments in Rubles which is a de facto default.
Any default would be very bad news for Putin, particularly with the big money Oligarchs who have been tepid in their support of Putin’s Ukraine invasion.

ETA:
These soon coming due bonds are presently selling for 10-20% of their actual value. Not a good indicator or vote of confidence in full payment being made.

Why would Russia care at this point? They'll have been forced into default by all the sanctions. Default is a easily foreseeable result of all that.
Really, it's not like we're going to go there and repossess their color TV.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Russians don’t care why wouldn’t they default sooner?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What are you all basing your positions on?

Education, bias, the "News", secret squirrel.

I'm just curious.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IEA says 3 million bpd of Russian oil, products could be shut in next month

Russia generally sells 8 million bpd

This is from fidelity Investments reuters

Last edited by Angus1895; 03/16/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Russian rouble edges higher as market eyes coupon payments

Looks like they are going to pay in roubles.

A de facto default ?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The absurdity of many here’s opinions about Russia is disheartening. If any group should know better than believe the narrative it’s this one. The Russians are absolutely crushing the Ukrainians , Putin would easily win an honest election in Russia with a huge majority , and the Russian elite are unified in their support of keeping NATO off Russia’s borders. What to look for next is a false flag chemical weapons attack blamed on the Russians. That’s the red line NATO has laid down so that’s what is coming. All those here who want war I believe you’ll get it. I pray cooler heads prevail and we stay out of this war we started.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 03/16/22.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you really look at the Russian system, it is what the US is heading towards-one man in charge for life, and a few oligarchs controlling the people.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many days of absolutely crushing is needed for the prince of peace …… to be welcomed with a rose 🌹 parade ?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The absurdity of many here’s opinions about Russia is disheartening. If any group should know better than believe the narrative it’s this one. The Russians are absolutely crushing the Ukrainians , Putin would easily win an honest election in Russia with a huge majority , and the Russian elite are unified in their support of keeping NATO off Russia’s borders. What to look for next is a false flag chemical weapons attack blamed on the Russians. That’s the red line NATO has laid down so that’s what is coming. All those here who want war I believe you’ll get it. I pray cooler heads prevail and we stay out of this war we started.

You speak of the absurdities of others here.
Question, Dave.

If and when Russia annexes the Ukraine, how many NATO Nations does Russia have on “its borders “?

What will be Putin’s next excuse for expansion?

You do remember The Crimea and Georgia don’t you? And your justification for those are,,,,,?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deltakid
If you really look at the Russian system, it is what the US is heading towards-one man in charge for life, and a few oligarchs controlling the people.

Very close to that as we speak. Ain’t hard to name the Oligarchs in America at all.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Russian rouble edges higher as market eyes coupon payments

Looks like they are going to pay in roubles.

A de facto default ?

If so there will be a 30 day hiatus invoked to allow them more time to find the usd$ denominations necessary to cover the payments. After that, default.

I doubt that you, me, anyone else here wants Rubles for usd$ but with the Putinites we have among us you just never know.

Hey, you Putinites can enter the bond market right now and get a hell of a discount buying those coming due bonds at only 10-20% of their value. Go for it and help Ole buddy Putin out a little.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Houston_2

ETA:

Why would Russia care at this point? They'll have been forced into default by all the sanctions. Default is a easily foreseeable result of all that.
Really, it's not like we're going to go there and repossess their color TV.

Tell that to the big international investment houses and their clients. I’m sure they’ll understand.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,187
Posts18,523,903
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.