We could send them our Mr. Dressup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The absurdity of many here’s opinions about Russia is disheartening. If any group should know better than believe the narrative it’s this one. The Russians are absolutely crushing the Ukrainians , Putin would easily win an honest election in Russia with a huge majority , and the Russian elite are unified in their support of keeping NATO off Russia’s borders. What to look for next is a false flag chemical weapons attack blamed on the Russians. That’s the red line NATO has laid down so that’s what is coming. All those here who want war I believe you’ll get it. I pray cooler heads prevail and we stay out of this war we started.

I suppose the Russians are doing the SLOOOW version of "absolutely crushing" the Ukrainians. The awesome Russian Military machine was supposed to have "crushed" Ukraine in about 48 hours. It has been what? 3 weeks now and they do not have full control of even one major city. I live 49 miles from the southwest Ukrainian border. I guess they'll be here soon. RJ

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
All those here who want war I believe you’ll get it. I pray cooler heads prevail and we stay out of this war we started.

Idiots that want to go to war with a nuclear super power must think their lifestyle is going to be insulated from the ravages of such war. Needless to say they will be in for a rude awakening.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Russian rouble edges higher as market eyes coupon payments

Looks like they are going to pay in roubles.

A de facto default ?

If so there will be a 30 day hiatus invoked to allow them more time to find the usd$ denominations necessary to cover the payments. After that, default.

I doubt that you, me, anyone else here wants Rubles for usd$ but with the Putinites we have among us you just never know.

Hey, you Putinites can enter the bond market right now and get a hell of a discount buying those coming due bonds at only 10-20% of their value. Go for it and help Ole buddy Putin out a little.

As well as these great Russian investment opportunities, all of the Putin ass suckers should get their filthy carcasses on a transport and go to Russia to live with the man you love so much. RJ

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nuclear ……..yes

Super?

Power?

I dunno

Guess we better watch more “ crushing.”

Last edited by Angus1895; 03/16/22.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rj308
The absurdity of many here’s opinions about Russia is disheartening. If any group should know better than believe the narrative it’s this one. The Russians are absolutely crushing the Ukrainians , Putin would easily win an honest election in Russia with a huge majority , and the Russian elite are unified in their support of keeping NATO off Russia’s borders. What to look for next is a false flag chemical weapons attack blamed on the Russians. That’s the red line NATO has laid down so that’s what is coming. All those here who want war I believe you’ll get it. I pray cooler heads prevail and we stay out of this war we started.

I suppose the Russians are doing the SLOOOW version of "absolutely crushing" the Ukrainians. The awesome Russian Military machine was supposed to have "crushed" Ukraine in about 48 hours. It has been what? 3 weeks now and they do not have full control of even one major city. I live 49 miles from the southwest Ukrainian border. I guess they'll be here soon. RJ

If was really a takeover I'd be concerned, this is cleaning house! A lot of misinformation, media blackout and speculation!

Some folks on here would have us in WWIII and fail to realize it's not 1950's anymore!

Y'all realize we share a Space Station and use their rockets to get our people there at times.

Thank God the Campfire Consensus isn't in charge....

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
How's that NAZI thing working out in Ukraine?

I'll send you box of ammo to go cross the border fight for the billionaire Zelensky and the ghost of Kiev and the air soft Ukrainian model killing Russian soldiers with her air soft rifle

Originally Posted by rj308
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Russian rouble edges higher as market eyes coupon payments

Looks like they are going to pay in roubles.

A de facto default ?

If so there will be a 30 day hiatus invoked to allow them more time to find the usd$ denominations necessary to cover the payments. After that, default.

I doubt that you, me, anyone else here wants Rubles for usd$ but with the Putinites we have among us you just never know.

Hey, you Putinites can enter the bond market right now and get a hell of a discount buying those coming due bonds at only 10-20% of their value. Go for it and help Ole buddy Putin out a little.

As well as these great Russian investment opportunities, all of the Putin ass suckers should get their filthy carcasses on a transport and go to Russia to live with the man you love so much. RJ

Last edited by ribka; 03/16/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You really haven't been paying attention have you? The last several elections there have been several rivals for the office and they have commanded some very interesting poll numbers- Russian style. However, in every case when one got close the candidate was either killed or jailed for whatever crime Vlad could make up at the moment. Saying there are fair elections in Russia shows you really don't have a clue about what is really happening in that country.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

If you're crushing your enemy in battle - you don't ask them to the peace table.

Me

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H

I have seen reports of Putins popularity in Russia & the propaganda which has lead up to that increased popularity. I have also seen reports on how Putin's competition that does dare rear there ugly head is generally jailed on largely trumped up charges to eliminate the competition. So I ask do we really believe in any chance of a fair election in present day Russia?

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i think a lot of russians have an obedience to putin just like a lot of americans have an obedience to trump. he's their tough guy.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Russians have a cultural tendency towards following strongmen. Putin just showed that he can’t even beat a country a tenth the size of Russia. Enter, stage right, the next strongman.

Sic Semoer Tyrannis.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Hunterapp

I have seen reports of Putins popularity in Russia & the propaganda which has lead up to that increased popularity. I have also seen reports on how Putin's competition that does dare rear there ugly head is generally jailed on largely trumped up charges to eliminate the competition. So I ask do we really believe in any chance of a fair election in present day Russia?

Do you believe in fair elections in present day US?

Last edited by kolofardos; 03/17/22.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Russia has two options...

Putin Stays: Decimated economy, no Western companies left, No export/import from West.. only source of revenue is from China who will bleed them dry at every negotiantions.. A North Korea 2.0

Puin goes: The coup leaders swears they will become European with free elections, denuclearize, and the west will slowly trickle in funds to rebuild their destroyed economy.

So...

Slaves to China... or Free Europeans.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Russians have a cultural tendency towards following strongmen. Putin just showed that he can’t even beat a country a tenth the size of Russia. Enter, stage right, the next strongman.

Sic Semoer Tyrannis.

This to a large degree.

One of the larger mistakes I've seen over the last month in this mess is people are ascribing American values and way of thinking to Russians and the RU military and thus anything that happens that doesn't "make sense" must be fake or illegitimate.

Russians/Slavs simply do not think nor operate the same way as we do. What they do doesn't need to make sense to us, only them. Be it in business or war.

It's why America keeps making international blunders - you can not reverse hundreds of years of culture with a quick war, occupation and American democratic processes.

Me

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Sic Semoer Tyrannis.

Have you asked some Russians?

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Teal

Sic Semoer Tyrannis.

This to a large degree.

One of the larger mistakes I've seen over the last month in this mess is people are ascribing American values and way of thinking to Russians and the RU military and thus anything that happens that doesn't "make sense" must be fake or illegitimate.

Russians/Slavs simply do not think nor operate the same way as we do. What they do doesn't need to make sense to us, only them. Be it in business or war.

It's why America keeps making international blunders - you can not reverse hundreds of years of culture with a quick war, occupation and American democratic processes.

Well said and much history to support it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
All those here who want war I believe you’ll get it. I pray cooler heads prevail and we stay out of this war we started.

Idiots that want to go to war with a nuclear super power must think their lifestyle is going to be insulated from the ravages of such war. Needless to say they will be in for a rude awakening.

Pat85, you're 100% correct.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Sic Semoer Tyrannis.

Have you asked some Russians?

My (Russian) sister in law was a Putin fan girl.... until he invaded Ukraine. Now she’s not.

Just one example. I still love her borscht, though.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The Russian I visit with still likes Putin.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,164
Posts18,523,511
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.