Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Whiptail
I still remember Formidilosus' elk hunt.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8328789/1

About 10-15 yards above the sheer drop off, the rocks gave way and I flipped on my back tossing the rifle, knowing that I was about to go off and hoping that if I went feet first I would just break my legs... It was around a 60 foot drop and I watched rifle flip end over end until it dropped over the ledge. I was on my back sliding fast trying to grab anything to stop. The first two bushes just tore away doing nothing to slow me down. I was able to snatch the last small tree right above the drop off and it held. When it stopped me my right foot was dangling over the edge. I was still only holding on by my left hand and used my right to hit the quick releases on the pack. It broke away and shot off the cliff, taking what seemed like forever to hit.

God damn, the suckassery by grown ladies in that thread are gross. Only thing I remember about formidphonyfuck, was when I called his bullshiit, beavercunt called me chickenshit, and I got texts from a couple wannabes stating “oh he’s legit jud” , “he’s the real deal”. Funny stuff

You said it better than I....

Is form pro 2A? Not everyone here is.

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I find this conversation interesting. I recall Forms elk hunt. If you look at that thread you'll see I called him out. That post was a bit hard to beleive. I've elk hunted a time or 6.........

As to his posts over on Rokslide on scopes - it's a data point folks - that's it. I use it just like Sticks posts, and a number of others. I've also PM'd with folks I view as knowledgeable and w/o a biased viewpoint. A number of folks on this thread provide very solid, unbiased data points. And I trust them.

I am, however, very suspect when posters go completely black and white on gear/equipment/opinions. I've been here since 2003 - 21 years. I've morphed my views over the years on many things hunting related. I've made some mistakes, made some good calls, and experimented alot with gear/techniques/tactics. It is those posters that have arrived at Nirvana that are most fooled - by themselves. Technology changes folks, and in the shooting and hunting world were better for it mostly - still not a fan of guys running 10000 game cameras but if it's legal and they want to, fine. I could go on a 4wheeler rant as well.

At the end of the day, the drama displayed here is part of the entertainment for some. I tend to wade through the dick measuring contests, personal threats, and other similar BS and find solid nuggets of information. To those that provide solid info without wallowing in the BS - thank you! And please continue to post.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Holy sh_t! I haven’t heard this much gossip since I gathered eggs in my hen house yesterday evening. Amazing how we bash folks we’ve never even talked to on the phone, let alone met. Wow. No wonder great folks like Pat Sinclair are no longer on this forum.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bwinters
I find this conversation interesting. I recall Forms elk hunt. If you look at that thread you'll see I called him out. That post was a bit hard to beleive. I've elk hunted a time or 6.........

As to his posts over on Rokslide on scopes - it's a data point folks - that's it. I use it just like Sticks posts, and a number of others. I've also PM'd with folks I view as knowledgeable and w/o a biased viewpoint. A number of folks on this thread provide very solid, unbiased data points. And I trust them.

I am, however, very suspect when posters go completely black and white on gear/equipment/opinions. I've been here since 2003 - 21 years. I've morphed my views over the years on many things hunting related. I've made some mistakes, made some good calls, and experimented alot with gear/techniques/tactics. It is those posters that have arrived at Nirvana that are most fooled - by themselves. Technology changes folks, and in the shooting and hunting world were better for it mostly - still not a fan of guys running 10000 game cameras but if it's legal and they want to, fine. I could go on a 4wheeler rant as well.

At the end of the day, the drama displayed here is part of the entertainment for some. I tend to wade through the dick measuring contests, personal threats, and other similar BS and find solid nuggets of information. To those that provide solid info without wallowing in the BS - thank you! And please continue to post.

Well said. A lot of good info here if you’re looking and can listen to what others are saying.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
People don't like Form because he is objective and he doesn't care about yer feelers, just the facts.

The Illya guy is just projecting.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/04/24.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
People don't like Form because he is objective and he doesn't care about yer feelers, just the facts.

Hate to break it too you, but an agenda is an agenda, and both have one.

If Vortex scope sucked half as bad and were half as fragile as he says, they wouldn't be on the rifles of top shooters in high numbers.

It is what it is, but anyone saying 100% of X scopes are good or 100% are bad is full of it and has an agenda. Whether said agenda is based on money or feelings doesn't really matter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
anyone saying 100% of X scopes are good or 100% are bad is full of it and has an agenda.
Where did Form or Ilya say that?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
anyone saying 100% of X scopes are good or 100% are bad is full of it and has an agenda.
Where did Form or Ilya say that?

Form's never met a Vortex he likes. But I want only referring to them. 😉

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

If Vortex scope sucked half as bad and were half as fragile as he says, they wouldn't be on the rifles of top shooters in high numbers.

It is what it is, but anyone saying 100% of X scopes are good or 100% are bad is full of it and has an agenda. Whether said agenda is based on money or feelings doesn't really matter

Sure they would. Money talks.

Facts are facts. Vortex is garbage. Just because you're emotionally invested in Vortex does not change facts.

So because you love vortex, you hate Form. Pretty funny.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Facts are facts. Vortex is garbage. Just because you're emotionally invested in Vortex does not change facts.

See, this right here is what I'm talking about. But, hey, feel free to guess what percentage of my optics are currently Vortex. 😉

Edit: since you edited, I take what both say with a grain of salt. One gets paid by the company the other has an obvious beef with the company.

Form's drop test says the Helos gen2 2-12 is hot garbage. Doesn't seem to stop people here from using them without a huge percentage of issues.

Funny how that works.....

Last edited by goalie; 02/04/24.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I like Vortex and I especially love that they are the only scopes I've ever had that I've never had to clean the lens. They go back for warranty before that.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

See, this right here is what I'm talking about. But, hey, feel free to guess what percentage of my optics are currently Vortex. 😉

Edit: since you edited, I take what both say with a grain of salt. One gets paid by the company the other has an obvious beef with the company.

Form's drop test says the Helos gen2 2-12 is hot garbage. Doesn't seem to stop people here from using them without a huge percentage of issues.

.000%. Like climate change numbers. I'm buying an electric gun. Goalie the arken, Athlon stuff is very comparable to vortex.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If the “top shooters” are getting sponsored….

The same criticism of Form (paid shill?) applies to any of the Vortex freaks.

As Jordan said, Form’s scope testing aligns with my personal experiences, so I’m inclined to believe his advice.

I think it is certainly possible to thoroughly and accurately assess a scope and then drive across the country and hunt elk like a total goober. YMMV.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Facts are facts. Vortex is garbage.

The voice of cluelessness

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
"The Illya guy" has been in the optics business for decades, both as an engineer and an executive in charge of various aspects from engineering to manufacturing, working for various companies. He's also a very avid shooter, who knows scopes both inside and outside, in the field.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Facts are facts. Vortex is garbage.

The voice of cluelessness

Even when you are right, it's still difficult to take you serious with all the John dna in your belly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
"The Illya guy" has been in the optics business for decades, both as an engineer and an executive in charge of various aspects from engineering to manufacturing. He's also a very avid shooter. He knows scopes both inside and outside, in the field.

I don't thing logic and reason are allowed in the optics forum.

And, sponsored athletes/shooters don't use gear that hinders their performance. Of course, Razor =/=Crossfire, but we should lump "Vortex" (or any other scope company's top line and bubble pack tier line) as one homogenous unit.........

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
"The Illya guy" has been in the optics business for decades, both as an engineer and an executive in charge of various aspects from engineering to manufacturing, working for various companies. He's also a very avid shooter, who knows scopes both inside and outside, in the field.

Definitely not being paid by anyone. Purely voluntary service, unlike evil form lol lol

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I don't care if you give two s hits about what I post. You are a f ucking clown that is married to a company because you bought something from them.

Even with a 40% discount vortex is still over priced garbage.

BTW still waiting for anyone to provide any actual proof Form is being paid by an optic company for his evaluations.

Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (320090T, 303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,255 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,518
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.