Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Q
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Q
Can someone explain to me WTF is going on with this auction? I saw it in the “Hot Firearms” as I was waiting at the doctor’s office. Normally that section is filled with nice Garands and 1911’s.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1042702624

I don’t know much about Glocks, so it makes no sense to me.

Last edited by Q_Sertorius; 03/29/24.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Q_Sertorius
Can someone explain to me WTF is going on with this auction? I saw it in the “Hot Firearms” as I was waiting at the doctor’s office. Normally that section is filled with nice Garands and 1911’s.

All original Gen 1 in excellent condition with box, manual,.... brings about $2000 to $2500 depending on buyer motivation. My best offer would be about $350.
Did you see Gen 1 G19 with tag of $59,000+? He is not interested in selling but if someone really wants one of 2 he has.... To me these are worth about $400 per gun, zero interest. Last I checked plastic does not improve with age.
Glock should work with US distributors to bring new batch Gen 1 G19s like they did with P80 and Gen1 G17s. I bet idiots would pay $1000 per gun.

Q
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Q
Originally Posted by Slavek

Did you see Gen 1 G19 with tag of $59,000+? He is not interested in selling but if someone really wants one of 2 he has.... To me these are worth about $350 per gun, zero interest. Last I checked plastic does not improve with age.
Glock should work with US distributors to bring new batch Gen 1 G19s like they did with P80 and Gen1 G17s. I bet idiots would pay $1000 per gun.

I'm with you. To me, a Glock has always been a $300-400 pistol that I never bought because it looked fugly and whenever I pointed one with my normal pistol stance it pointed too far up (unlike my 1911, Browning Hi-Power, service-issue Beretta, or SIG, which all pointed beautifully). No offense to those who love Glocks. I am friends with many people who like Glocks. But they aren't for me. And seeing a Glock that is younger than I am and not in particularly good condition going for that much just boggles my mind.

I guess I am just old? Being born in 1979 and Glocks being "new guns" I just didn't think that anyone would ever collect them. To me, it would be like collecting 1990's Remingtons or Winchesters. Am I a gun snob? Probably.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The first models of anything have collector value.
Something as iconic as the all original Glock designed pistol is in high demand to many specific collections.
There will never be another "first."

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The G17 was the first Glock here, maybe anywhere, but when the 19 came out Glock had switched to selling G2 guns. A technicality, but the 1st 19 was on the g2 platform. After a match one day at a club a DEA agent showed of his brand spankin new Mod 19. The rest of the gang had never seen or heard of one till that day. Not much internet then.

There are 2 & later, 3 pin frames, but the 3 pin still considered a G2.

That's the way I saw & remember. If there is better info I'd love to learn. But yeah, the Gen 1's are getting "collectable" crazy

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
There were Gen1 G19's. Few. Far between.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ceramic, can’t be detected by metal detectors. 😂🤣

Misprint?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have a 2nd generation 19 with adjustable sights, that aren't broke!
Been told it has become desirable.

For the snobs who can't see why they are desired.

Have you ever really looked at a GI 1911?
They aren't beautiful. Nice lines, nostalgia, feel good, nostalgia,...
Fit, finish.....kinda 💩ty. Hammer bite, 💩 sights!?
Yeah, I said it. And I'd love to have one, but they don't make cents for me.

No, I don't think Glocks are at all esthetically pleasing either.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Did you see Gen 1 G19 with tag of $59,000+? He is not interested in selling but if someone really wants one of 2 he has.... To me these are worth about $350 per gun, zero interest. Last I checked plastic does not improve with age.

I'm with you. To me, a Glock has always been a $300-400 pistol that I never bought because it looked fugly and whenever I pointed one with my normal pistol stance it pointed too far up (unlike my 1911, Browning Hi-Power, service-issue Beretta, or SIG, which all pointed beautifully). No offense to those who love Glocks. I am friends with many people who like Glocks. But they aren't for me. And seeing a Glock that is younger than I am and not in particularly good condition going for that much just boggles my mind.

I guess I am just old? Being born in 1979 and Glocks being "new guns" I just didn't think that anyone would ever collect them. To me, it would be like collecting 1990's Remingtons or Winchesters. Am I a gun snob? Probably.

Sounds like ole Dipschitt Maser / Slavek has created another SockPuppet to respond to his dumbass posts.

Because everyone else here knows he’s nothing more than a diaper wearing dipschitt who wouldn’t know schitt from shinola about real guns. Especially since he’s never owned one. 🤪😂😂😂

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/29/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Q
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Q
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Sounds like ole Dipschitt Maser / Slavek has created another SockPuppet to respond to his dumbass posts.

Because everyone else here knows he’s nothing more than a diaper wearing dipschitt who wouldn’t know schitt from shinola about real guns. Especially since he’s never owned one. 🤪😂😂😂

What?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to have a G17 gen 1 with the adjustable rear sight

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a Gen 1 G17 in 1987. It had fixed sights and I always shot perfect scores with it. My neighbor asked to see it one day and I unloaded it and handed it to him. He dropped it and brokes the rear sight. I sent it back to Glock (this was before Glock replacement parts were readily available). When they returned it they had installed adjustable sights for no charge. When our department sold their soul to S&W in 1990 we were banned from carrying anything but S&W autos so I sold the G17. Wish I still had it. When my department transitioned to the S&W M&P .40 in 2007 they started allowing Glocks again for off duty and plain clothes. As for the price on the one on Gunbroker, some people have more money than sense.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a gen 1 G17, with Tupperware box, the 3 mags it came with and all the goodies. I think I paid $200 for it.
$5500, jeez.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep,

I have a Gen 1 G17, all original parts. No box though. I do think having the original box helps with the collectors value a good bit. That said, I should stick it on GB and see what happens lol. Sheesh!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The possible downside of mine ...it is roll marked "MPDC". I don't know if that is a hit or not.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by toad
The possible downside of mine ...it is roll marked "MPDC". I don't know if that is a hit or not.
Good source of former police guns with Austrian proof marks is dealer/importer Simpson Ltd out of Illinois. Sometimes even Gen 4 sample shows up, but must be "quick draw" as they sell out quickly.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (16penny, 204guy, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 300s, 27 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,027
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.