O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by stxhunter
The people who even give a chit about what she did with her dog, those people are the problem.

I like and respect Kristi very much but let's face it gentleman...

At the end of the day and no matter which way you look at it...

She's a bleeder.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Classy comment.

Osky

Hey man! Flave posted that when I was in the shower!

I should have known!

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
She shot a dog?

Ok.

Most people who would never vote for her won't like that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some people who wouldn’t vote..,,,,

Will vote now.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Epishemore
The Dems think she should have spent $200 at the vet to put the dog down their PC way. Which is still not good enough for the perps on death row.
She's a rancher; they are frugal by nature, don't waste $200 for the cost of a ctg. Even less if she reloads.

Bullets can work on death row and in some states, they do.

DF

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Have u a gummy

It’s all good

Have you another booster.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Didn't I read somewhere that this took place some 20 years ago? But yet it is now relevant?

Heck, I suppose MSNBC is currently looking for a "witness" to try to bring animal cruelty charges against her at this very moment.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mitten Romney put a family dog in a carrier on top of the family station wagon, he was roasted over it when he was running for prez. Dog was unharmed as far as I know. This story will be front page news on every social media platform (just like the wolf idiot in WY) if she is chosen as VP candidate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any dog named "Cricket" will surely be shot some day.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by TRnCO
Didn't I read somewhere that this took place some 20 years ago? But yet it is now relevant?

Heck, I suppose MSNBC is currently looking for a "witness" to try to bring animal cruelty charges against her at this very moment.

She's coming out with a autobiography. I'm sure that there was some left wing libs that got a copy of it and scoured it for dirt and this is all they could come up with.

On the other hand, she didn't do herself any favors politically.

It was her dog, so it was her decision. Maybe she should have left that part out of the book. SSS.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
Might be a stretch saying the dog shifted to killing "livestock." This german wirehair had training on birds, and no doubt had a great time snatching really dumb ones that ran around in circles. Likely Kristi was screaming her head off too, and was rough with the dog (who may have barely bonded with her, as it had been with a trainer).
It sound to me like the dog had potential, and maybe was a good judge of human character as well.

"Likely..."

"Likely..."

GTFOOH Quit projecting your liberal bullsch!t onto others and situations you have no idea about.

You are on this board for over 10 years and you only rear your head when it's election time and you want to take potshots.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't know many dogs that would last long around here that would kill chickens and live long. Matter of fact, a neighbor had all of her chickens killed by another neighbor's dog. The only reason that dog lived a little longer is because her husband wasn't a good enough shot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After reading the article, I am not sure I would characterize her killing of the dog as 'bragging'.
I should probably read the book itself to get a better idea of the whole deal, but I am under the impression her point for writing that message was to emphasize that sometimes things need to be done that aren't pleasant, but that she's willing to do what needs to be done. Assuming there's any scrap of truth in the article, I can't see how anyone can interpret that as bragging. Virtue signaling for voters maybe, but not bragging.

As an aside, any dog that bites a person that wasn't being tormented or tortured by said person is going to have serious considerations for a bullet, via myself. I've done it. I'm not proud of it and sure as hell am not bragging about it.

Edited: I read a few more responses and see I am not the only one who brought this up...

Last edited by T_Inman; 04/29/24.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by T_Inman
After reading the article, I am not sure I would characterize her killing of the dog as 'bragging'.
I should probably read the book itself to get a better idea of the whole deal, but I am under the impression her point for writing that message was to emphasize that sometimes things need to be done that aren't pleasant, but that she's willing to do what needs to be done. Assuming there's any scrap of truth in the article, I can't see how anyone can interpret that as bragging. Virtue signaling for voters maybe, but not bragging.

As an aside, any dog that bites a person that wasn't being tormented or tortured by said person is going to have serious considerations for a bullet, via myself. I've done it. I'm not proud of it and sure as hell am not bragging about it.

Yarp.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Might be a stretch saying the dog shifted to killing "livestock." This german wirehair had training on birds, and no doubt had a great time snatching really dumb ones that ran around in circles. Likely Kristi was screaming her head off too, and was rough with the dog (who may have barely bonded with her, as it had been with a trainer).
It sound to me like the dog had potential, and maybe was a good judge of human character as well.

"Likely..."

"Likely..."

GTFOOH Quit projecting your liberal bullsch!t onto others and situations you have no idea about.

You are on this board for over 10 years and you only rear your head when it's election time and you want to take potshots.

Tarkio: pay attention before you project your own B.S. I'm all over this board, reading, learning, posting, buying and selling. I shipped a fine Winchester
to another long-time poster here an hour ago. GC

Last edited by GrouseChaser; 04/29/24.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

"Likely..."

"Likely..."

Tarkio: pay attention before you project your own B.S. I'm all over this board, reading, learning, posting, buying and selling. I shipped a substantial fine Winchester
You did?

Cool....did you bleed all over it first you dumb bitch?

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

"Likely..."

"Likely..."

Tarkio: pay attention before you project your own B.S. I'm all over this board, reading, learning, posting, buying and selling. I shipped a fine Winchester

11 years = ~3900 days. 960 posts in that any days.

I should have clarified with regards to the campfire subforum.

I have never seen any of your posts until just recently when you started chiming in with your liberal politics.

And you did project there buddy. You have zero idea what happened. What Noem did, said, how she acted when she shot this dog.

You are part of the same class of people hand-wringing over this and at the same time that are single-issue voters with regards to abortion.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not a huge fan of Noem.

But the reality is, when something needs to be put down, most people can't bring themselves to do it. Gal decided it needed done, and did it.

Is that cold? Is that callous? Yeah, maybe a bit. But I am one to say you need some of that in your leaders when tough decisions need to be made.

Montana MOFO
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Lots of assumptions, however German Wirehaired Pointers and Drahtaars are terrrific dogs but the $64 question is training first for obedience, then hunting. It would be interesting if Rich Smith chimed in.

Those dogs are hunting machine that much we all know. If the dog doesn’t have consistent training in the early years by someone who knows what they are doing, trouble begins.

Anyone’s guess.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was excited about the possibility of Trump choosing Noem, that's done now.
I don't blame her actions with the dog, she did what she wanted to do with her animal.

The majority of voters who hear any story of someone shooting her own dog (14 month 'puppy' as framed by the media) will hold it against her. She's finished as a veep candidate, zero chance. The Trump campaign already echoed those thoughts.

Curious why she revealed all of this unless she was just trying to get ahead of the story. Maybe a bunch of libtards owned the chickens and watched things go down. Either way, she's done.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ok, I’m going to get roasted for this. But, heck, you only live once.

Sarah Palin II.

I’ve said it before. She is a very good governor. That’s it. She is trying too hard, it’s not working and there are skeletons. She could be a fine Senator eventually if she doesn’t turn RHINO in the process. Isn’t that what always happens?

The only female in my memory that had what it takes to be at the top level was Margaret Thatcher. Gov Noem is no Margaret Thatcher. (I dimly remember a southern governor - Arkansas, Alabama? She was exceptional). Most of them survive because everyone is afraid to call them out. Diversity hires.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 35, 2UP, 27 invisible), 1,193 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,214
Posts18,524,304
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.