Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Talk about an idiot....the article doesn't say that his injury was from the buffalo until the end.

Yellowstone visitor, possibly drunk, allegedly kicked a bison in the leg, was injured

Billings Gazette 4 hrs ago
An Idaho Falls, Idaho, man kicked a bison in the leg while visiting Yellowstone National Park and was arrested for allegedly approaching the bison herd and harassing it while under the influence of alcohol.

Clarence Yoder, 40, sustained minor injuries in the encounter and was charged with being under the influence of alcohol to a degree that may endanger oneself, disorderly conduct as to create or maintain a hazardous condition, and approaching and disturbing wildlife, according to statement Monday from Yellowstone park officials.

The incident happened April 21 on the West Entrance Road near the Seven Mile Bridge, located 7 miles east of the park’s West Entrance.

Rangers responded to the area after receiving a report that a park visitor had harassed a herd of bison and kicked one in the leg. They located the suspect's vehicle near the West Entrance and stopped it in the town of West Yellowstone.

The vehicle's driver, 37-year-old McKenna Bass, of Idaho Falls, Idaho, was also arrested and cited for driving under the influence, interference for failure to yield to emergency light activation, and disturbing wildlife.

Park rangers took Yoder to a nearby medical facility where he was evaluated, treated and released, and then transported him to the Gallatin County Detention Center.

Yoder and Bass appeared in court on April 22 and pleaded not guilty to the charges. Each violation can result in fines up to $5,000 and six months in jail.

The incident remains under investigation.

This is the first reported incident of a visitor being injured by a bison in 2024. The last reported incident occurred on July 17, 2023. There was one reported incident in 2023 and three in 2022.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So Callnum is Clarence Yoder. Good to know.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
So Callnum is Clarence Yoder. Good to know.
Did they charge em with buffler sexual assault?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
They must be getting paid by the word on those charges. "Stupid drunk azzwhole" would have covered it like a blanket. smile

Last edited by las; 04/29/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Dumass

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like a “hold my beer and watch this” incident.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Living near the Park has its benefits. My wife and I have a bit of a tradition in that we try to take a short day trip down to West Yellowstone, and make the run in to Old Faithful on the first day the west entrance is open. We try to repeat that same trip on the last day the Park is open in early November. At the very same spot at Seven Mile Bridge last year, we pulled over to check out several bull bison. There was a hand full of tourists there as well. I said to one gentleman "Why don't you go down there and try to pet him? You can be the first person to get your ass kicked by a bison in the Park this year." The look he gave me was priceless.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can’t imagine being drunk enough to approach and kick a critter that has a thousand pound weight advantage!😳
Should by rights have gotten a Darwin Award!
Every buff I Penny and I encountered at close range was constantly monitored, and both of us planned an escape should they become aggressive. We had one bull approach us in Roosevelt, it we deliberately stayed at least 100’ away. He was headed across the road and he pretty much ignored us.
Truthfully, the only aggressive critters we encountered anywhere was the pan handling donkeys in Custer State Park. They’d literally jump in the car with you for an apple!😀
We took a bag along on every visit!😎
The only really stupid things I have seen anyone do is around the Elk herd up in Benezette PA. I swear, some freaking idiots will get out of a car and walk right up to a big bull!🤬
Some folks just don’t get the concept of wild animals being wild!
Play stupid games and you win stupid prizes!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
FAFO

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My niece runs the Bison rides in Yellowstone.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No doubt a Utard transplant to Idaho.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Truthfully, the only aggressive critters we encountered anywhere was the pan handling donkeys in Custer State Park. They’d literally jump in the car with you for an apple!😀
Are those donkeys still there? I was through there as a kid, maybe 65 years ago. I remember them sticking their heads in the car windows.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
We were riding around in Teton NP in a tiny little rental car, when a herd of bison ran across the road about 100 yards in front of us. We could still feel the earth shaking thru the suspension of the little Toyota, it was eye-opening, to say the least.
I was raised on a farm, and have a healthy respect for any large animal, but that REALLY impressed the heck outa me. I wasn't about to "pet" a buffler, an any case. I might be dumb, but not that dumb.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Watched a guy get gored after taunting a bull in camp there, he got a life flight and a delay back to his home country.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
this was from a couple years ago but still FAF
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by earlybrd
FAFO
Beat me to it…

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yoder should stick to building buggies.

Years ago some friends and I decided to wake a sleeping elephant and take him for a swim across the street.

No one was injured but we sure pissed off the elephant.

Guess he didn't want to go for a swim.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Are those donkeys still there? I was through there as a kid, maybe 65 years ago. I remember them sticking their heads in the car windows.
They were in ‘017! I believe they were turned loose from some transport company that went tits up in the 1890s.
The first time we ran into them,I thought WTF? Once we gathered the story from the Visitors Center, we thought it was cool. On each visit, Penny made sure we had apples!
I can tell you, Custer State Park was one of the highlights of our trip.
Those Black Hills are beautiful. I said to Penny “it’s no wonder the Indians thought this place is sacred. If I was God, this is where I would live!”
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They were in ‘017! I believe they were turned loose from some transport company that went tits up in the 1890s.
The first time we ran into them,I thought WTF? Once we gathered the story from the Visitors Center, we thought it was cool. On each visit, Penny made sure we had apples!
I can tell you, Custer State Park was one of the highlights of our trip.
Those Black Hills are beautiful. I said to Penny “it’s no wonder the Indians thought this place is sacred. If I was God, this is where I would live!”
Reon

Carrots work equally well, at least in Oatman, AZ. I had burros following me all over town, because I had real, full-sized carrots, not the "fun-sized" baby carrots they sell there in Oatman.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
On that same trip years ago, we also had some bighorn sheep sticking their heads in car windows to beg for food. They'd twist the horns sideways to get them in. Was that also in Custer Park?

― George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1OntarioJim, 219DW, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 56 invisible), 1,705 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,108
Posts18,522,613
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.