Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Hi, new to this forum and looking for some advice. I'm considering a 7mm Rem Mag and saw this on the site I've been using to buy and sell guns www.trustedgunexchange.com. Is this a good price? I love hunting and wouldn't mind adding this to the collection because I like the caliber and the wood looks like it's in good condition. It's selling for $299. Thoughts?

Link removed

Last edited by CampingFan; 05/01/24.
GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Hell of a deal!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
way to cheap......

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Jericho
way to cheap......

My thought as well. "Could be" totally legit. However, have never heard of an "escrow payment" service for online sales. Basically buyer is sending money to TGX. TGX then pays the seller after seller sends gun to buyer. Concerning for me, very first question in their FAQ, "What if seller does not send me the gun?" I would look for some folks who have used the service successfully, first. Just my dos colones...

C
OP Offline
C
Yeah, believe it or not, they're legit. I've sold and got a digital check from TGX after sending using their pre-paid label. I've also bought and used credit card for the security of getting my money back. For what it's worth.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Site list its action type as semi automatic.
If it seems to good to be true...

Maybe Camping fan is trying to get one of us loonies here to jump ahead of him.

Hmmm????

As smoking of a deal as that seems to be I'd be out and be fine with my decision.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As long as it's a legit site, that's an insane deal. If I didn't already have two Mark X 7RMs. I'd be all over it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up essentially the same rifle last year for $350.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jason280
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up essentially the same rifle last year for $350.

I was going to say, $350 is a pretty good deal for a rifle as described in the op.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Site list its action type as semi automatic.
If it seems to good to be true...

Maybe Camping fan is trying to get one of us loonies here to jump ahead of him.

Hmmm????

As smoking of a deal as that seems to be I'd be out and be fine with my decision.

I wouldn't buy from a site I'm not familiar with. That may just be me though. Sometimes a "good deal", may end up biting you in the azz. "Caveat emptor"...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks. Didn't notice the wrong action. Still looking at it though since I've used the site before. I've just never really heard whether Intermark is a good manufacturer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CampingFan
Thanks. Didn't notice the wrong action. Still looking at it though since I've used the site before. I've just never really heard whether Intermark is a good manufacturer.

Intermark? ugh... That's Interarms and they are the manufacturer. Mark X (10) that is the model. 7mm Remington Magnum is the caliber.
Also what's up with the 3 wrong for chambering cartridges in the photo. Also a website that no one on a large rifle looney site has ever heard of.

Something about this is not adding up for me personally. Natural skeptic here. But that's just me.

The founder of TGX does have 20.5 years with the ATF. There's 2 sides to that coin...

Camping fan, may I ask what are some other firearms in your collection"?

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 05/01/24.

" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
C
OP Offline
C
Yeah, absolutely... Christensen Arms MPR in 338 LM, Styer Scout in 6.5 CM, a couple of different levers in 30-30 and 45-70, etc. Good/Bad?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Intermark? ugh... That's Interarms and they are the manufacturer. Mark X (10) that is the model. 7mm Remington Magnum is the caliber.
Also what's up with the 3 wrong for chambering cartridges in the photo. Also a website that no one on a large rifle looney site has ever heard of.

Something about this is not adding up for me personally. Natural skeptic here. But that's just me.

The founder of TGX does have 20.5 years with the ATF. There's 2 sides to that coin...

Interarms is the importer, Zastava is the manufacturer.

1 member likes this: CampingFan
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
CampingFan, if you like it, buy it.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, absolutely... Christensen Arms MPR in 338 LM, Styer Scout in 6.5 CM, a couple of different levers in 30-30 and 45-70, etc. Good/Bad?

Fine by me.
Originally Posted by blairvt

Interarms is the importer, Zastava is the manufacturer.
You are correct, but you got the jist of it.

NRA Life, GOA
C
OP Offline
C
"Also what's up with the 3 wrong for chambering cartridges in the photo. Also a website that no one on a large rifle looney site has ever heard of."

LOL! That's their way of certifying that the person posting the gun for sale has the gun. I had to do it when I sold a revolver on the site. LOL

Yeah, they are new. When I came across their site, I was skeptical too. But I was able to sell my revolver S&W 642 for $400 whereas the gun store offered me $200 for it! I paid $40 in a fee but sh1t, made $160 more than what my LGS was willing to give me! LOL

Last edited by CampingFan; 05/01/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do 3 LOLs equal one LMAO?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Camping Fan - Brand new member, posts a link to a "TGX" ad, for a steal on a gun, and it apparently has questionable content (I didn't click on the link, because I don't trust it).

Be Careful here, fellas... I wouldn't advise even clicking on the link.

C
OP Offline
C
Link removed. Yes I’m new. Didn’t know I couldn’t do that. I thought this was a place to learn and share but all good. Now I know. Only here to learn about a rifle I’m interested in and learn from others about hunting and shooting. If you’re going to call me or then give me a chance but all good. Lesson learned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (222Sako, 270cowboy, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257robertsimp, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 1,727 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,144
Posts18,523,316
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.