OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
?????? hep a brother!

GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Are you going to be surf fishing wading out in the water, or just walking out fishing on the beach? I prefer a tight fitting water shoe that keeps the sand out. In Panama the sand it the finest sand ive ever seen you almost need a micro filter to keep it out of your shoes. Also what kind of area do you plan on fishing? Warm sandy beach or rocky slippery shores

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If its cold and a sand beach I wear muck type boots. If its warm I wear flip flops to the beach and then fish barefooted. I don't wade out more than ankle deep and thats mostly wash from waves. Anything you wear that small pieces of shell can get into will be uncomfortable.
I have flats wading boots for flats wade fishing.
Really depends on what conditions you are dealing with.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Crocs

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
these are what I use.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I’ve come to the conclusion, over years, that nothing is ideal. One thing I’ve done is wear crocs when there’s hot sand to get across. An advantage with crocs is that the sand flushes right out of them. Unless conditions are extreme, I prefer barefoot. Only problem there, for me, is if it’s mid day I can burn the tops of my feet (can’t use sunscreen…allergic to it, makes me break out in hives.)

Extended time in lower temp water water I wear neoprene wading socks. If I’m going to be spending a lot of time up to my waist, waders. (Not usually that dedicated anymore.)

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by stxhunter
these are what I use.

Looks like they zip up the side. Do they keep the sand out?

Mathew 22: 37-39

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Be sure to sunscreen ur legs btdt 🥵

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Not sure the intended purpose, but I've worn old tennis shoes and the dive shoes above offer nice protection. The can be purchased in various thicknesses and come in both hard and soft soles.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
These are mine first pic was off the net, I've never had a problem with sand, I don't think you're going to find anything that will keep the sand completely out, they have to be able to breathe.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These are mine first pic was off the net, I've never had a problem with sand, I don't think you're going to find anything that will keep the sand completely out, they have to be able to breathe.

How do those fair with oysters Roger?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't say as 90% of the wading I do is in the surf, I do use them on the jetties and the rocks and barnacles have not been a problem.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't say as 90% of the wading I do is in the surf, I do use them on the jetties and the rocks and barnacles have not been a problem.

Thanks

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
284 - it depends a lot on the type of "surf". If just water and sand, pretty much anything that semi protects your soles will do. I'd say any water shoes. stingrays will be a concern even with booties.

In Peru we surf-fish sometimes over pebble beaches, other times it is plain sand and others coarse sand or even sharp "Mordor-like" rocks. Because the water is cold, waders are a must and the "sockbootie ones + something" are better than the boots for getting into rock groins and such.

For the sand, some people will use crocs as sand washes thru easily, I prefer more stable grip on my feet and have used "Keen type" sandals too. Last year I got some larger water shoes on Amazon, with an aggressive sole thread, which will work better than crocs and will hold better to my feet. I haven't tried them fully and while I will use them off the sand, they are mainly when fishing off rocks in the breaks. They have enough holes that sand should wash away. Those would work whether one decides to use waders or not (sizing up or down as needed)

Originally Posted by Gristle

How do those fair with oysters Roger?

Not Roger, but will answer, the oysters do eat and erode those boots fairly fast, from the research I've done.

I mostly wade the surf, so those boots are fine. I don't use them in jetties, but on the beach/flats I have never had a problem with sand getting into. Rinse the zippers and mmake sure to sotre them dry and not on a hot place as the glue on the sole can dry and come apart.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
these are what I use.

I have a set of these I use in Hawaii. I did find wearing some Simms wet wading socks helped keep the sand out for me. For whatever reason my boots would get filled with sand whenever I fished with them on.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Surf and sand, some rocky spots. Keen H2 or Newport.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I second the combo of neoprene wading socks under zip up wading boots. They keep your feet somewhat protected from sharp shell etc. that can be encountered in the surf. I’m a tenderfoot so can’t hack going barefoot - plus I don’t like crabs etc crawling over my feet while I’m trying to fish.

I do try to stick to the lightest boots possible (not the ones designed for stingray protection) in case swimming for any amount of time becomes necessary. I get my boots 1 size large for use with the neoprene socks or stocking foot waders.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1badf350, 204guy, 260Remguy, 222ND, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 1,939 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,253
Posts18,525,148
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.