Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by minengr
Now, if Illinois could do this with Chicago.
Won’t change a thing on that chithole still a liberal democrat stronghold

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Balkanization of the US started a long time ago, but it is not official, yet.

What does Cook County/Chicago have in common with the rest of Illinois?

How about NYC and Upstate NY?

San Fran and LA with East Cali?

Denver/Boulder with Colorado?

I have long said when the population of a City/County exceeds the rest of the State, the City/County should become it's own State.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
I have a dear friend that is an "overcomer" in the scheme of things by all measurements.
After he finished his degree at Southern, he decided he wanted to move the Baton Rouge to affect "change" there.

Within three years he was back 25 miles east of Baton Rouge. Back in the rural settings.

His exact words, "I didn't want my kids going to school with all them (negroes)" and he IS a black man.

The issues with white flight out of Baton Rouge goes back decades. Baton Rouge had what I think was the longest segregation lawsuits in history.

We have witnessed it in our community for sure.

Our local politicians pat themselves on the back for having great schools in our parish where we still score considerably lower relative to the best in the US.
It's all a damn scheme. St. George is not going to be any better in 10 years.

Much truth here. The problem is that Saint George “can” become a victim of their own success. I don’t think that it will due to the conservative nature of the present council.

I can remember in the early 80's people in Baton Rouge thought we were all country hicks out in the rural areas. Now they are foaming at the mouth to get "away" from everyday problems they created. Which is not holding people accountable regardless of what color their skin is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a dear friend that is an "overcomer" in the scheme of things by all measurements.
After he finished his degree at Southern, he decided he wanted to move the Baton Rouge to affect "change" there.

Within three years he was back 25 miles east of Baton Rouge. Back in the rural settings.

His exact words, "I didn't want my kids going to school with all them (negroes)" and he IS a black man.

The issues with white flight out of Baton Rouge goes back decades. Baton Rouge had what I think was the longest segregation lawsuits in history.

Our local politicians pat themselves on the back for having great schools in our parish where we still score considerably lower relative to the best in the US.

Much truth here. The problem is that Saint George “can” become a victim of their own success. I don’t think that it will due to the conservative nature of the present council.

I can remember in the early 80's people in Baton Rouge thought we were all country hicks out in the rural areas. Now they are foaming at the mouth to get "away" from everyday problems they created. Which is not holding people accountable regardless of what color their skin is.

Broad brush.

Baton Rouge was a conservative business town.

And then the Communists showed up.

GR

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Garandimal

Broad brush.

Baton Rouge was a conservative business town.

And then the Communists showed up.

GR

The transition of Baton Rouge was a natural thing. White flight and considerable black flight was to simply escape the education system with the massive busing campaign and the NAACP’s constant lawsuits keeping the school system there from being declared as Unitary.

Let the bastards live with it now and they ain’t liking it.

One of the things that the new Saint George council is intending to do is to limit multi family housing (apartments) by disallowing permits while encouraging single family dwellings with minimum lot sizes.

IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 46 invisible), 1,897 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,577
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.