Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The problem we had with glue traps at the fire station was it caught far more skinks and anole lizards than mice. I kept olive oil on hand to free them. About half the time the lizards were dead from dehydration and fatigue by the 3rd day I came back on shift.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
In my experience, nothing beats a cat.
For crapping in your flower beds or crapping/peeing in your shop.

Yep, that's all they're good for.
Do-gooder boomers across the street feed the neighborhood feral cats. There are usually 8 or 10 of them lounging on their front porch, waiting for feeding time. Then they hop over my fence and crap in my backyard. My 1 acre backyard is fenced in, but I can't let my pup loose out there since he developed a taste for cat turds. I hate them all, both the cats and the neighbors. 😠😠😠😠

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JeffyD
In my experience, nothing beats a cat.

Do-gooder boomers across the street feed the neighborhood feral cats. There are usually 8 or 10 of them lounging on their front porch, waiting for feeding time. Then they hop over my fence and crap in my backyard. My 1 acre backyard is fenced in, but I can't let my pup loose out there since he developed a taste for cat turds. I hate them all, both the cats and the neighbors. 😠😠😠😠

string a cattle fence a top or your fence, they will learn fast

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I hates mieces to pieces.

Nasty, destructive, evil little monsters. Chewing up everything and schidtting all over the damn place. If you have anything made of horn or wool or antler, or other natural materials, they will chew it all to hell. I have had way too much stuff destroyed by the damn little bastards. They all deserve death, and I don't care how gruesome it is.

I keep sticky traps out all the time, in addition to regular mouse traps. The sticky traps pull double duty in catching a LOT of bugs and spiders in the house. I don't like them either...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
In the Little House Books, Laura tell of Pa buying a kitten for 50 cents backj then

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Stophel
I hates mieces to pieces.

Nasty, destructive, evil little monsters. Chewing up everything and schidtting all over the damn place. If you have anything made of horn or wool or antler, or other natural materials, they will chew it all to hell. I have had way too much stuff destroyed by the damn little bastards. They all deserve death, and I don't care how gruesome it is.

I keep sticky traps out all the time, in addition to regular mouse traps. The sticky traps pull double duty in catching a LOT of bugs and spiders in the house. I don't like them either...

Little c-suckers somehow got in the clutch of my '06 Ram 3500 Cummins and made a nest. Started to slip so had a new one put in for 2K+.

Mechanic said there was 2 dried up bodies in there too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I was looking for some glue traps for mice online when this PETA page popped up. It's how to rescue AND RELEASE mice caught on a glue trap. In particular, notice the last sentence. It doesn't mention mice specifically but I got it from their article on how loving, fun, and meticulously clean mice and rats can be.

My solution: cover the trap and mouse with a paper towel so you don't get stuck. Carry it outside and set it down. Stomp on it.

What to Do if You Find an Animal Stuck on a Glue Trap
1. Gather Supplies

You’ll need a pair of gloves, a dishtowel, baby oil or cooking oil, some tissues, a damp cloth, and a secure container or shoebox with air vents.

2. Get to Work

Cover the animal’s head with the dishtowel to calm him or her down. Then, wearing a pair of gloves, gently massage a few drops of the oil into the area where the animal is stuck. Keep massaging until you are able to work the animal free.

Be sure to keep the amount of oil to a minimum, as it can interfere with natural waterproofing, thus reducing the chance of survival following release. Once the animal has been separated from the glue trap, carefully slide a tissue over the trap to prevent him or her from becoming stuck again.

If you can’t remove the animal from the glue board or if he or she is lethargic or injured, get to a veterinarian or wildlife rehabilitator right away. You can also call PETA for advice at 757-622-7382.
3. Release the Animal

Use the damp cloth to remove any excess oil, and place the animal inside a secure container or shoebox with air vents. Drape the dishtowel over the container to make it dark, and place it in a quiet, warm location so the animal can rest for an hour or two. Active and alert animals can be released outdoors during mild weather within a one-block radius of where they were discovered. If the animal was trapped during extreme weather, he or she should be transported to a wildlife rehabilitator.

Or just drop it into a bucket of drain oil......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Invent a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door."

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
calm him or her down.

Rodents can't be non-binary?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use these live traps for rats, tell the grandkids papa is giving em bath in home depot bucket. Sometimes as an added bonus squirrels will get in there also, pellet gun for them.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
For coons[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by JeffyD
In my experience, nothing beats a DEAD cat.

I hate them for all the same reasons. The only good cat is a dead cat. Curiosity killed the cat but I was the lead suspect for a while.

Medics bury their mistakes..
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by wabigoon
For coons[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That thing won't catch nothing set up on those tires.

Medics bury their mistakes..
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
them glue traps are just a test for mice..
see if the mouse was a real circus mouse he could magic his way out...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 56 invisible), 4,407 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,701
Posts18,534,699
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.