Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Hello everyone. As the title asks has anyone hunted with Hog Wild USA in Macon, GA. I’m thinking about hunting hogs with them next month. I know it may be the wrong time of year but it’s when I can. Let me know what you think. Also any info in other guide services up and down the I-75 corridor in Georgia or even North Florida welcome.
I am handicapped and can only walk short distances. Hog Wild USA said they could accommodate me.
Thanks for any help and take care,
Rick

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Up for Friday please.
Thanks,
Rick

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rick, can't help you out with Hog Wild but they seem legit. The problem you identified is it's not the ideal time. Not sure what type of hunting settings they offer, but fields start greening up this time of year making shots more interesting.

My Rock River LAR10 has a Pulsar Thermion 2 which works well together and sits on a carbon DeathGrip tripod. Equipment is pretty important if you want lots of shots on targets. So if you are going to use their equipment make sure you know what they offer.

Generally mobility isn't a problem as you have time to stalk slowly to get into the fields. The main issue with this is determining if you will be shooting solo or with other clients. Which again, can get pretty interesting and something I avoid.

Hope it all comes together for you. Shooting pigs is a blast.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for the advice. I will only hunt as the only shooter. Elevated blind or ground blind as I understand it. Hunting over feeders or at least strewn corn. I want to hunt with my rifle and ammo. They have thermal equipment but I think I’ll opt for their colored light clamped to my scope. I hunted in Texas with the guide holding a red light and it worked well.
Take care, and keep it coming,
Rick

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thermal hands down if I was going. It's a huge game changer vs even night vision.

Of course you do you and the fact you are not mobile may be fine as you use lights. Green/red mix LED was the best I've ever used back in the using lights day. Hogs usually ignored it mostly. Coyotes etc... would just walk right on past with no clue.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Aren’t there places in crossville tn that have hog "hunts"?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have hunted quite a bit, 30 miles east of Macon in the Oconee River swamps. Lots of hogs there and central Georgia hogs taste good. Put that wild hog* ham on the smoker, load with pecan wood, smoke for 12 hours, delicious.

*Preferably a sow. NOT a 410 pound boar.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I have hunted quite a bit, 30 miles east of Macon in the Oconee River swamps. Lots of hogs there and central Georgia hogs taste good. Put that wild hog* ham on the smoker, load with pecan wood, smoke for 12 hours, delicious.

*Preferably a sow. NOT a 410 pound boar.

Some of the corn fed young'uns around Bainbridge and Vidalia aint bad eating either.

Rick, hunting from a blind over a feeder is certainly productive, however, not typically high volume shooting. Being able to walk into a field and do a mag dump or two is something to experience too. See if you can line up something like that at some point.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Aren’t there places in crossville tn that have hog "hunts"?
I don’t want a “canned hunt”. To me there’s not much difference in a 20x20 foot pen and a 20 acre one. What’s the old saying? Fish in a barrel?
Thanks, and take care all,
Rick

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck!

If this nasty boar keeps running my turkey off, I may have to correct his attitude. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

369 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 46 invisible), 3,207 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,639
Posts18,533,591
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.