T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by robertham1
Good luck.

Make sure to change the HPOP oil. I’d do it every other oil change.

Huh?

Montana MOFO
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Good luck.

Huh?

Changing the oil in the high-pressure oil pump reservoir it’s a questionable practice. Google it come up with your own evaluation. I personally have Not done it to any of my 7.3’s. Not saying it’s bad not saying it’s good.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by sagerat22
In these parts, a 6 speed manual transmission will add $8k. I have an 02 7.3 250 shortbed with a Pro-line flatbed and bumper and 130k miles. I've turned down $35k for it. When you look at what new trucks cost anymore, really nice used ones are worth the money.

Exactly...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by sagerat22
In these parts, a 6 speed manual transmission will add $8k. I have an 02 7.3 250 shortbed with a Pro-line flatbed and bumper and 130k miles. I've turned down $35k for it. When you look at what new trucks cost anymore, really nice used ones are worth the money.

Exactly...

With no new truck, mechanical issues, mostly emission driven.

T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Good luck.

I looked into it. Never heard about that before.

Makes no sense at all to do that. WTH would you bother? As long as you are changing oil regularly.

I personally don't run oil changes longer than 6-7k at the max. Shoot for 5k.

Montana MOFO
1 member likes this: LowerRiver
IC B2

T
Tarkio Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BamBam
Good luck.

Huh?

Changing the oil in the high-pressure oil pump reservoir it’s a questionable practice. Google it come up with your own evaluation. I personally have Not done it to any of my 7.3’s. Not saying it’s bad not saying it’s good.

I looked into it. Seems like I read something about an absurd volume of oil being pumped through and replenished for every gallon of fuel burnt.

So I am just going to change the oil old-school style.

Montana MOFO
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BamBam
Good luck.

Huh?

I looked into it. Seems like I read something about an absurd volume of oil being pumped through and replenished for every gallon of fuel burnt.

So I am just going to change the oil old-school style.

I did not write this. This is cut and pasted, but I have numerous articles and posts similar to this. There’s nothing wrong with doing it. I just think it’s a waste of time, But if it works for you by all means do it.

Here's how the system works, and why what you're doing is just fooling yourself that you're being "Extra Good" to your engine. The moment the engine starts the LPOP (what's supplying the engine with oil) pumps oil into the HPOP reservoir at a rate Many times higher than the HPOP is using it. Maybe 10% of that oil is going to the injectors and 90% is overfilling the res and, thru a standpipe 1" down from the lid, flowing right back into the pan. That 10% going to the injectors (at idle) is being ejected out of each injector and Also going back into the pan. Every ounce of oil in your engine is the Same oil, it's All been thru the injectors countless times, it's All been in the reservoir and overflowing it constantly as it runs.

There is simply No Way of Ever draining your engine of oil when doing a change (the reason you see it darken is because there's still a quart or two that didn't drain). There's oil in the Valley, the Heads, the Oil Cooler (lots there actually), and the HPOP. You're making an insignificant difference during a change when draining and refilling it (you could actually refill the entire 15qts thru that little hole in the lid, just keep pouring-it-in, it'll go down the standpipe and into the pan)..,

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'd never heard of changing the HPOP oil either. BUT one thing I did with mine way back many years ago is add the HPOP cross-over hose that ties the rails together allowing the pressure to equalize between them. I believe that to be a worthwhile add on.
My '01 has 206,000 miles. I can't imagine ever selling it. The replacement cost is out of control.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I know some swear by it, and others think its a waste of time.

I decided to try it and the oil in the HPOP was darker and thicker than the oil in the pan.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 18,526 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,948
Posts18,539,495
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.