Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
90% of the 24hcf believes that consuming saturated fats kills you, so you are living on the edge with this post.

Saturated fat does NOT increase heart disease. ?

Oh gawd. The late 1990's are calling. They'd like their reputation back.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a stupid question. Since cholesterol (LDL) is supposed to be bad which supposedly is responsible for the plaque in our arteries. How does one go about cleansing the arteries without surgery?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deans
Since cholesterol (LDL) is supposed to be bad which supposedly is responsible for the plaque in our arteries.

elevated blood sugar, insulin resistance, and cigarettes

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Big Pharma is a pestilence!

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by rte
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Why would anyone trust a Harvard "study" in this day and age?

Because this study runs contrary to prevailing consensus that LDL is the most prevalent contributor to heart disease.

It also criticizes big pharma for their relentless pursuit of profit placed above the health of their customers.

No, the study didn't address LDL and heart disease.

The study was to show that a when unique population of 'Lean Mass Hyper-Responders" go on a Ketogenic Diet some of them have their LDL levels go through the roof and that adding back in some carbohydrates can make it go back down, even more than taking statins would.

The take aways from this study are:

1. In general, It demonstrates a metabolic reaction that helps science better understand human physiology.

2. For and individual: If one goes on a Ketogenic diet and sees their LDL go through the roof, adding back some carbohydrates will likely lower them. If you're on an extreme Ketogenic diet and your LDL goes so high your doctor wants to treat you for it, maybe add a some carbohydrates and see if that drops them (try a sweet potato or something heathier than a half a package of Oreo cookies though).

1 member likes this: Pharmseller
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Don’t you wish they’d all go bankrupt.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fat is not dangerous if it’s intact (ie not trans fats) and not in the presence of high sugars and insulin.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
90% of the 24hcf believes that consuming saturated fats kills you, so you are living on the edge with this post.

Saturated fat does NOT increase heart disease. ?
Raw coconut fat is mostly saturated and it’s one of the healthiest fats on the planet.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Been watchin my figure cookies n cream is a go now👍

A
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
A
My better half just told me last week her 24 yo nephew is now taking statins. Madness!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So I'm OK if I like butter on Oreos?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dale06

Don’t you wish they’d all go bankrupt.

I hope they lay me off in two years.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would be careful, that oreo cream has graphene in it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bottom line?

Industrial food causes industrial diseases.

Did you know the first description of a heart attack in the US medical literature was in…..1912?

Crisco was introduced in 1911.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Big Pharma and Big food go hand in hand I have been saying for years, but Covid really opened my eyes. I would also the lawncare industry in the group. The billions of dollars spent to kill off the beneficial herbs that have been labeled as weeds and nuisances

amen

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Any comment on the topic of the article?

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have a stupid question. Since cholesterol (LDL) is supposed to be bad which supposedly is responsible for the plaque in our arteries. How does one go about cleansing the arteries without surgery?

reduce inflamation and stop eating the foods that cause inflamation and accumulation of plaques.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

reduce inflamation and stop eating the foods that cause inflamation and accumulation of plaques.

... it's a sweet topic to explore.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best possible diet, not easy in modern times for many, would be to only eat foods that God made available in the wild and edible without processing. Meat, fish, eggs, vegetation, nuts, berries, limited native fruit etc.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
And not a word concerning triglycerides - where do they figure into the equation?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 65 invisible), 1,837 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,246
Posts18,525,054
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.