Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
is dead...at least for this year.

Dems killed it on the floor....Dems have a hyper majority in both houses, but it's still dead. My conspiracy theory is Polis wants to run for President and knows signing this and having it overturned by SCOTUS next June wouldn't be a good look on the national stage.

Only 3 of 10 anti-gun billed passed this year. Not good, but not as bad as I expected.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
2 members like this: Justahunter, Calvin
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank goodness for this reprieve, although it sounds temporary.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The Eastern half of the state finally did something right.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's good news for now don't get too comfortable.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I think the ONLY reason it died this year is because of all the other crap laws that they were busy jamming through. They simply ran out of time to get to all their pet projects that they wanted to pass. It'll be back next year without a doubt.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I think the ONLY reason it died this year is because of all the other crap laws that they were busy jamming through. They simply ran out of time to get to all their pet projects that they wanted to pass. It'll be back next year without a doubt.

Dont think so, more than likely tabled until SCOTUS rules on a couple cases over assault weapons bans.

Swifty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good news!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They need to tweak the small print. Definitions of detachable magazine, capacity, .22, other styles of semi auto, family inheritances grandfathering existing. It's for the children.

Polis running is a probable scenario.

BTW. Background check system was down yesterday.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Dems don't wait on SCOTUS to rule. The Dems make laws no matter what they think the outcome might be, forcing groups to spend money fighting the law to the top/SCOTUS.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Dems killed it on the floor....Dems have a hyper majority in both houses, but it's still dead. My conspiracy theory is Polis wants to run for President and knows signing this and having it overturned by SCOTUS next June wouldn't be a good look on the national stage.

Only 3 of 10 anti-gun billed passed this year. Not good, but not as bad as I expected.

Already posted about this a couple days ago and it's "probably" dead. Won't know for sure until the end of the session. NSSF did incredible work behind the scenes yet again.

CO AWB probably DOA

Senate sponsor has said she will ask it be shelved this afternoon but that has not yet happened. Odd are very good it gets shelved but until the end of the session there is a small chance it hits the floor for a vote.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Already posted about this a couple days ago and it's "probably" dead. Won't know for sure until the end of the session. NSSF did incredible work behind the scenes yet again.

CO AWB probably DOA

Senate sponsor has said she will ask it be shelved this afternoon but that has not yet happened. Odd are very good it gets shelved but until the end of the session there is a small chance it hits the floor for a vote.

There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

CO AWB probably DOA

Well nothing is different from 3 day ago except you watched a YouTube video and the Bill has not been "killed on the floor" as you mistakenly posted.

Senate is still in session and the bill has not yet been shelved. NSSF is still at the Capital in case the Antis try a crazy last minute attempt.

Odds are very good it will be shelved, same as a few days ago, but it's not quite yet a done deal.

But I will give you a 2nd Place Jimmy Olsen Mostly Correct Post Award and more visability is better.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

CO AWB probably DOA

Well nothing is different from 3 day ago except you watched a YouTube video and the Bill has not been "killed on the floor" as you mistakenly posted.

Senate is still in session and the bill has not yet been shelved. NSSF is still at the Capital in case the Antis try a crazy last minute attempt.

Odds are very good it will be shelved, same as a few days ago, but it's not quite yet a done deal.

But I will give you a 2nd Place Jimmy Olsen Mostly Correct Post Award and more visability is better.

And your self promoting rant added what to this conversation??

Now go take your Risperdal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

CO AWB probably DOA

And your self promoting rant added what to this conversation??

Now go take your Risperdal.

Pointing out that you posted wrong info in the OP is not exactly a "rant" but it sure packed a bit of sand in your VeeJay.

Maybe next time you will do better and not need correction.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Like I said, dead:

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/07/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like I said, dead:

No you said "Dems killed it on the floor" which is not correct. As I said days ago it is most likely dead due to being stopped in Committee.You again are just posting YouTube videos for sources but even those videos don't make the false claim the "Dems killed it on the floor". The bill is still in Committee until the end of Session and won't be dead until the end of the Session.

I realize you don't understand the process and were excited to get a Jimmy Olsen but for those of us who know how this stuff works it's important to be precise.

With you living in Colorado I wonder why you need to watch YouTube videos to get news of gun laws in Colorado?

Are you not directly involved in the fight? Why are you sitting on the sidelines watching YouTube?

CO AWB probably DOA

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Colfax keeps throwing out the assault weapon ban as a distraction to get other bills passed.

It has worked the last couple of years.

If by some fluke the ban got passed the party on Colfax would make Epstein island look like a minor deal....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 257Bob, 2500HD, 22250rem, 257 roberts, 56 invisible), 3,216 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,705
Posts18,534,794
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.