Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Riverc
The Supreme Court did the right thing reversing Roe Vs Wade letting states decide. But it damn sure hurt Republicans at the ballot box most women are pissed.

Absolutely untrue of 90% of the women I know.

But you don't know all women. Women will come out of the woodwork to go vote if they feel their "right" to an abortion is threatened in any small way..... which I think is exactly why Roe v. Wade was overturned, and the timing of it. To create an "issue" to get women riled up and run to the polls. And they did.

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The Supreme Court did the right thing reversing Roe Vs Wade letting states decide. But it damn sure hurt Republicans at the ballot box most women are pissed.

And how many of those women are lying to you just to avoid a confrontation?

Hint: More than you would imagine.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Have you noticed that every single person who favors abortion has already been born? That they aren't in danger of being killed by their mothers? They're all talking about killing someone else, never themselves.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
3 members like this: Jim_Conrad, JeffyD, Jeffrey
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Stophel

But you don't know all women. Women will come out of the woodwork to go vote if they feel their "right" to an abortion is threatened in any small way..... which I think is exactly why Roe v. Wade was overturned, and the timing of it. To create an "issue" to get women riled up and run to the polls. And they did.

This.

In general, a woman's greatest fear is having a child from a man she doesn't want. It doesn't matter to them WHEN they decide they don't want that man's baby. She could get the ick months after getting knocked up. In a woman's mind this like "rape by fraud". Sure the guy didn't use a gun, but in her mind he tricked her into believing he was something he was not.

This is one reason why for women abortion is the third rail of politics.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Well that's good like hearing that. I don't know I hear and see lot's of women commenting they are against not having a right to abortion lotta younger women are liberal we'll see how they vote come November.

Satanic murdering whores probably don't vote.

Yes they do.

There's studies showing more women show up to the poles when the ballot includes an abortion issue.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I find the idea of abortion to be abhorrent. That said, I do see the potential grey area. When does life begin? At birth? Conception? Or what about the billions of sperm that meet their doom in the end of a condom? I don’t know. I’m not God, and God didn’t write any books.

There is a lot of culture in this world. 8 billion people. Different beliefs, morals and upbringing. I acknowledge the grey areas and I make my own decisions. I have no desire to force my culture or beliefs on others, and I expect the same in return. I think it’s fair to let God sort that out. For all the bad I’ve done in my life, I can at least say that I never aborted any of my children. When my time comes to stand tall before the man that will be on answer I can stand behind.

There is good and evil in this world. The best you can do is love the people around you and bring your kids up right.

I do feel that the conservative agenda could be advanced if it weren’t for the abortion debate. But the abortion debate is a symptom of the greater issue, that is, the soul of our country. If people knew right from wrong we wouldn’t have this debate. But, people are different and I’m all for idiots not having kids.

What this country needs is birth privileges. My idea…
Upon your scheduled graduation from high school, regardless of if you graduated or not, you take the ASVAB. If you can’t do well enough on the ASVAB to qualify for military service at that point in time, SNIP! No babies for you. Problem solved.

1 member likes this: IndyCA35
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You live in Iowa where 1/10 of 1% of women in the US live and you have 6 electoral votes. You ever been to NYC, or Los Angeles, or San Fran, or Seattle, or Atlanta or Chicago, or anywhere outside of fly over land? Those girls are pizzed and there are a lot more of them than your gang of conservative gals in the Mid-west. What the women in Iowa think of the issue is irrelevant in the final outcome of the election, cause you all were going to go red anyhow. What is Pa, Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin, Ohio going to do?

The Republicans don't have to take a stand on this one way or the other. If they just don't talk about it, then they have an opportunity to seize power in this country. This is the one issue that could cost them the WH and Congress if they take a hard right stand. Take a hard right position and they could lose the election. And then how they feel about this issue will be irrelevant. Don't sacrifice the election because you can't keep your mouth shut.

It ain't the hard left or right that is going to determine the outcome of the next election. Those voters are going to vote the same way no matter what. It's the 10 or 15 % that doesn't know how they are going to vote yet that the election success will ride on. A very small portion of American voters are going to determine the outcome.

Just don't talk about it. Lay low, win the election and then address it. Duh...

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
I find the idea of abortion to be abhorrent. That said, I do see the potential grey area. When does life begin? At birth? Conception? Or what about the billions of sperm that meet their doom in the end of a condom? I don’t know. I’m not God, and God didn’t write any books.

There is a lot of culture in this world. 8 billion people. Different beliefs, morals and upbringing. I acknowledge the grey areas and I make my own decisions. I have no desire to force my culture or beliefs on others, and I expect the same in return. I think it’s fair to let God sort that out. For all the bad I’ve done in my life, I can at least say that I never aborted any of my children. When my time comes to stand tall before the man that will be on answer I can stand behind.

There is good and evil in this world. The best you can do is love the people around you and bring your kids up right.

I do feel that the conservative agenda could be advanced if it weren’t for the abortion debate. But the abortion debate is a symptom of the greater issue, that is, the soul of our country. If people knew right from wrong we wouldn’t have this debate. But, people are different and I’m all for idiots not having kids.

Upon your scheduled graduation from high school, regardless of if you graduated or not, you take the ASVAB. If you can’t do well enough on the ASVAB to qualify for military service at that point in time, SNIP! No babies for you. Problem solved.

That would set a bad precedent. Liberals would institute a personality test. Score too conservative and SNIP! No babies for you.

I prefer keeping government mostly out of such decisions. It leaves less opportunity for mischief.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

That would set a bad precedent. Liberals would institute a personality test. Score too conservative and SNIP! No babies for you.

I prefer keeping government mostly out of such decisions. It leaves less opportunity for mischief.

You are correct. No argument here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm not pro-abortion. Would never advise someone to have one. But trying to make them illegal is the wrong tactic. While Planned Parenthood does offer abortions, they have done more to reduce the number of abortions than all of the preachers and politicians combined. You stop abortions by stopping unwanted pregnancies, and there are lots of ways to do that.

If just 1/2 the money and effort that has gone into trying to ban abortions for the last 50 years had been used wisely to prevent pregnancies, help women through their pregnancies, and with adoptions, most of the abortion clinics would have closed for lack of business. Abortions have been legal for more of this country's history than illegal. There were plenty of abortions during the brief years when they were illegal. And as long as the vast majority want them to be legal it is not a good tactic to push.

If the R's ever figure that out, they will remain in power forever. If the D's ever figure out that gun control is a dead-end issue for the same reasons they will remain in power forever. But it appears neither party is smart enough to figure that out.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As to those waving the church flag, we are all a product of our environment with the bulk of the US sourced via some form of Christianity.

The precise concept of "abortion" is not discussed in the Bible. An indirect reference, however, occurs in Exodus 21:22-25. It's a case of a pregnant woman involved in a fight between 2 men generating a miscarriage. We see a disparity between the penalties for the loss of the fetus and/or injury of the lady. With the fetus, a fine is established by the effected husband and judges. However, if the woman is injured or dies, "lex talionis" applies i.e. a life for life or eye for eye. Now we can argue whether our present abortion debate applies, because the above deals solely with accidental as opposed to willful pregnancy termination. Herein, however, there is a difference between the woman and the fetus. The woman is viewed as a person and the unborn child as property.

I was born into a church going Lutheran community but live by my own ethics. We have all manner of religions in this world, and I don't know whether one or the other is the ultimate authority. Again, no control over where I was born, and I've not researched all of the other options. My personal prayer is that if one is indeed rewarded with a pleasant after life, that those of great character score whether they be they Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Shinto, or whatever. Don't kick dogs or children, and maybe we'll all get there.

I'm also beginning to think religions might have come to exist to explain the unexplainable, or perhaps dictate how others in power thought we should conduct ourselves.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/08/24.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let’s sell our souls for an election. Or better yet, let’s just call ourselves Democrats.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you’re okay with killing innocent human beings you’re not conservative, you’re not far right and you’re not a Christian.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mgw619
Call it what you want. I'm hard right in my beliefs except on this. I'm a very conservative Christian, but I think we need to look at abortion for what it does for all with respect to a ethical, successful future. Are those kids better off born? NO. Because 2 bums [bleep] and reproduce, do you think that kid is better off alive and never being loved and nurtured? NOPE. Hopefully Lindsay Graham will keep his stupid mouth shut about the subject unlike last go around. Flame away. Just don't think my tax dollars should help the cause. Time for a reduction in handouts to the stupid/DGAF's
I feel the same way. I think abortion is wrong. but its not a winning issue to just ban it outright. the public isn't going for it. Wasn't that the complaint all along about Roe is that people didn't get a say and that states needed to have input. well that is what we have now.

I think there needs to be exceptions for rape, incest and health of the mother. There is an argument that a women that didn't willingly choose to become pregnant is being forced to carry a child against their will in the case of rape and incest. its costing republicans by taking a hardline stance. I think the pubilc is fine with limitations but outright bans the majority of people oppose.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you think giving them a couple exceptions is going to have them singing kumbaya with you, you’re delusional. Anything less than allowing the butchering of a human being up to a nanosecond before birth and they’re going to fight you to the end over it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
If you think giving them a couple exceptions is going to have them singing kumbaya with you, you’re delusional.

Yes, as has been said, it's the third rail of politics.
women know better than men.
Why "talk "politics" and have you mansplain anything to them.

abusus non tollit usum
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Rowe

And how many of those women are lying to you just to avoid a confrontation?

Hint: More than you would imagine.

Beeetches are qrazy.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
This is not an absolute issue - there are religous and personal beliefs involved as well as interpretive matters of law. In the US we now number over 270-million voting age, legal citizens and each of us have varying opinions as to what should define the limit(s) of legal abortion (if any) as well as what truly constitutes a 'viable' life form. What I'm not in favor of is an almost total ban against abortion. There are instances in the first trimester where there should be allowances and exceptions made in especially in the case of the mother's health. Of course I'm not for "chopping up babies" and I think my life's course had already proven that I'm not "a coward". I respect other's opinions and beliefs, and expect at least some semblance of toleration from those who disagree. If you can't handle that,
FO smile

Last edited by Offshoreman; 05/07/24.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
1 member likes this: Mgw619
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No man ever won an argument with a woman.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In general, a woman's greatest fear is having a child from a man she doesn't want. It doesn't matter to them WHEN they decide they don't want that man's baby. She could get the ick months after getting knocked up. In a woman's mind this like "rape by fraud". Sure the guy didn't use a gun, but in her mind he tricked her into believing he was something he was not. This is one reason why for women abortion is the third rail of politics.
No part in the argument tonight, but the above post seems whacko. "A woman's greatest fear is having a child from a man she doesn't want."? Not going to question your actual knowledge of actual women, but would like to see see the hard data that would even hint at that being, in general, the greatest fear.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (219DW, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 42 invisible), 1,648 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,217
Posts18,524,530
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.