T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Looks like it will be a story about a bunch of Mexican pioneers.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Filming 'Horizon' in southern Utah

$150 for 12 hr days......

What cha think ?

https://www.ksl.com/article/5100534...all-for-extras-in-his-southern-utah-film

$150 used to be standard reenactor pymt if you supplied your own clothing, equipment, and weapon. $100 + $50 equip. Rental fee.

Std. Extra pymt was like $85-$100 a session. (12 hr. Day).

Suppose it’s all about production company now.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't discount a chance to be in the movies

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Better than pan handling.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B2

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$12.50/hour. Sucks.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The thing about extra work is out of that 12 hours you may only work 2. Then again you may do a solid 10. It’s hard to say. But this hey do feed you pretty welll

Founder

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When no one shows up, you can then decide they aren’t paying enough…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 member likes this: Pharmseller
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Pretty much the going rate actually, buddy took off to be an extra for a couple days just for the experience. I think he only got 80 a day.

Beats 25 bucks for jury duty.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
For the 'work' put in, it's probably not so bad. Especially for someone who isn't working.

For most extras, the day likely is mostly spent getting dressed up, then waiting, and waiting. Maybe some eating, more waiting, then a little bit of doing whatever you do to add some realism to whatever is being filmed.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the extras on the "Rust" set, were involved in the recreational shooting that was going on there.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So you honestly think Kevin Costner, negotiated the daily rate for extras...that part of his contract negotiations to sign on to the movie, included holding out for a better daily rate for extras? That he sits down every Friday morning and writes out the checks to the "extras"...extras spend hours every day on set...scrolling on their phones, reading, playing cards...$150 a day...for the average fresh out of college with a degree, seems about right...seems high for a high school dropout...and anyone with any marketable skills at all, has a job...more likely a career, and couldn't care less about being in a movie as an extra.

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
And you might get shot.

Oh! That’s right it’s Costner. Not what’s his name!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’m just glad they’re filming it in Utah. Seems like an untapped resource, more shows and films should set there actually.

MAGA
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I remember reading Costner himself was into a lot of on the set changes, re shooting scenes, part of the process.
I’d imagine many will basically sit idle until background, backdrop and panoramic type shots are done in different ways.

The way it’s written to be shot and how that actually looks probably don’t always jive at least to the directors eye.
Speculation on my part of course. Where is Leanwolf?

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by tophorsecop
So you honestly think Kevin Costner, negotiated the daily rate for extras...that part of his contract negotiations to sign on to the movie, included holding out for a better daily rate for extras? That he sits down every Friday morning and writes out the checks to the "extras"...extras spend hours every day on set...scrolling on their phones, reading, playing cards...$150 a day...for the average fresh out of college with a degree, seems about right...seems high for a high school dropout...and anyone with any marketable skills at all, has a job...more likely a career, and couldn't care less about being in a movie as an extra.

This is the way it is. The only movie I ever wore my azz out on was "The Patriot". Lots of "back to one" and marching and running. The day we shot the scene where Gibson’s double came riding in with that flag that belonged to his son, we shot that scene all damn day. Retakes galore. Sunup to sundown. We actually were wore out in that scene. We weren’t acting! 🤣

Founder

WS

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

This is the way it is. The only movie I ever wore my azz out on was "The Patriot". Lots of "back to one" and marching and running. The day we shot the scene where Gibson’s double came riding in with that flag that belonged to his son, we shot that scene all damn day. Retakes galore. Sunup to sundown. We actually were wore out in that scene. We weren’t acting! 🤣

Sorrry Kay… I didn’t mean to lessen your input by asking for Leanwolfs appearance, I did not know you had been involved in the production process as well.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If you don't like it, don't go.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Wow. I always thought that was Gibson riding in on that horse! His double was a dead ringer to him. Thanks for sharing that little trivia.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Better than being an extra on a reality show, it doesn’t pay anything or didn’t when I was involved anyway. And people lined up at the chance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go to Commiefornia if you don’t like those wages. Minimum wage there is now $20/ hr. But workers are now not showing up every day so they work less, take home the same money as they were…..so they don’t make too much to qualify for all the govt handouts.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 13,629 guests, and 1,566 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,055
Posts18,540,959
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.