Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The US Constitution does not mention abortion.

The US Constitution also says any powers not given to the federal government are reserved for the states.

The Republicans would be really foolish to pick that as their hill to die on.

Too late...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Just say you support aborting babies no matter what.

Nope! I won't say that.

I will say that good government promotes both life and liberty, no exceptions promotes neither.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Squidge
Just say you support aborting babies no matter what.

Nope! I won't say that.

I will say that good government promotes both life and liberty, no exceptions promote neither.

Well, you better spend 100 million tax pay dollars passing a law defining "well being".

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Switch
Just leave it alone for the time being, if we keep banging the pro life drum, Biden wins the election! Is it worth while? Just let it be a states right and let it lie. There are not enough votes to pass a national abortion ban probably never will be. If Trump chooses Tim Scott for VP prepare for another 4 years of Biden or maybe Harris. It was clear in the mid term when the red wave never happened.You might as well include in the platform dropping Social Security and Medicare if you want to loose,

^^^^^ Nailed it!

Tarquin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This "Woman's Right to Choose" BS has no regard for the father's opinion on the matter and even less for the unborn child. Moral issues notwithstanding, the hypocrisy is disgusting.

I won't vote for any party or candidate that supports abortion.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
There are piles more white babies aborted than black babies.

Just who are we so happy to be getting rid of?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
In general, a woman's greatest fear is having a child from a man she doesn't want. It doesn't matter to them WHEN they decide they don't want that man's baby. She could get the ick months after getting knocked up. In a woman's mind this like "rape by fraud". Sure the guy didn't use a gun, but in her mind he tricked her into believing he was something he was not. This is one reason why for women abortion is the third rail of politics.
No part in the argument tonight, but the above post seems whacko. "A woman's greatest fear is having a child from a man she doesn't want."? Not going to question your actual knowledge of actual women, but would like to see see the hard data that would even hint at that being, in general, the greatest fear.

Let me make one clarification, it's their greatest sexual fear. - - - - - -

I am sometimes interested in addressing "whacko" statements by apparently self-appointed experts, so thanks for owning your gross overstatement. Unlike some, I do not research female sexual fears. Not of interest.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Let's hear your realistic solution; something that can pass both houses and get signed into law and pass constitutional muster, or successfully make it into The Constitution and NOT destroy the political viability of right in the process?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The act of purposely killing a human being is a matter of morality - it goes to the soul.
Contemporary politics and political maneuvering have no basis in morality - no soul involved.
Only a fool, or a manipulative evildoer, would try to mix the two.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by SargeMO
This "Woman's Right to Choose" BS has no regard for the father's opinion on the matter and even less for the unborn child. Moral issues notwithstanding, the hypocrisy is disgusting.

I won't vote for any party or candidate that supports abortion.

Sure, lets give the father/husband a say. Would that include if giving him a say if he wants her to abort it so he doesn't have to pay child support?

What if the wife gets knocked up and kid isn't the husbands. should be allowed to demand she get an abortion?

What if they both want it aborted so it's not just her choice?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And yet there are many here who would willingly throw the switch on those seated in an electric chair be they murderers, molesters, kidnappers, rapist, drug dealers, father stabbers, knockout gamers, or whatever. Should we murder that person or let him/her live out his life as one of society's burdens. Is such murder or a necessary killing benefitting society?

Similarly, there have and may still be societies that haul the elderly or infirm to the edge of the village where hyenas, bear, wolves, or Mother Nature's vicissitudes eliminate them. Admittedly, such is/was most common where resources were scarce, and the community literally may not have the ability to support non-productive entities. Murder? Yes or no?

What if they're disabled veterans? Or a child at the beginning of life as opposed to an infirm adult nearing the end? Will resource/income equalization save or eventually eliminate that community? Are we all willing to share such that each and every one lives out their days?

Cookie and I are in our late years here and could probably afford 5 or 6 foster kids or maybe 2 or 3 incapacitated adults with some real adjustments in our standard of living. If the need for a new pickup or roof on the house surfaced, however, we'd end up walking or wet.

Sadly, I'm a bit selfish.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/08/24.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
And yet there are many here who would willingly throw the switch on those seated in an electric chair be they murderers, molesters, kidnappers, rapist, drug dealers, father stabbers, or whatever. Should we murder that person or let him/her live out his life as one of society's burdens. Is such murder or not?

Similarly, there have and may still be societies that haul the elderly or infirm to the edge of the village where hyenas, bear, wolves, or Mother Nature's vicissitudes eliminate them. Admittedly, such is/was most common where resources were scarce, and the community literally may not have the ability to support non-productive entities. Murder? Yes or no?

What if it's a child at the beginning of life as opposed to an infirm adult nearing the end? Will resource/income equalization save or eventually eliminate that community? Are we all willing to share such that each and every one lives out their days?

Sadly, I'm a bit selfish.
So you are comparing an adult pedo or murderer to an unborn, innocent child? I will clarify my stance on this as I have no problem doing so. If you do a crime severe enough to deserve the death penalty, you should die. Abortion as a form of birth control should be outlawed by every state in the union. While it is still a child being destroyed, I fell that incest, rape or the health of the mother should be the exceptions to the rule. I do NOT want the federal gov setting these laws. I would like to see the states set the laws that are needed to protect the innocent. Same with current laws for murder as an adult. I know this probably will never happen because this country is full of evil people, but I can still give my opnion on the subject, so can you or anyone else

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, not comparing innocents to guilt. I'm comparing a life to a life.

All hard questions that are great for an ethics class or discussion group. Just how much is society willing to support?

Just a minor shift in direction:

Yes, given our present constitution and government, abortion is currently a state issue. We do, however, live in a nation, and state to state inconsistencies can be a bear with states even reversing opinions across time. Yes, our Oregon idiots are rethinking their recent legalization of hard drug use.

Presently, we have nationwide reciprocity with things like driver's licenses, but not issues like concealed carry, pot, alcohol regs, vehicle emission standards, etc. Not a big deal if one lives in central Alaska and never leaves, but if one navigates New York, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, etc, he best have a lawyer along. I'm fine here, but California would eat me if I drove my diesel rig down there.

Eventually, we will need a nationwide standard on the abortion question, as there are, believe it or not, proposals in some locales to arrest those wishing to travel elsewhere for a procedure.

Interesting times for sure.

This might go further than the "Hot Ladies" thread below. Talk about a variety of opinions....

Last edited by 1minute; 05/08/24.

1Minute
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Let's hear your realistic solution; something that can pass both houses and get signed into law and pass constitutional muster, or successfully make it into The Constitution and NOT destroy the political viability of right in the process?

Hahaha!

So emotional. How's your gal pal Zeihan see it?

Probably should invade China next?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
At the point we're not willing to stand up for the most vulnerable among us we might as well just give up and follow the dems down the road to tyranny and misery.

I understand that abortion has hurt the dems more than anyone and see the logic in saying go ahead and kill your own kids but in principle I can't go along with it.

The nazi's had a logical argument for killing disabled and chronically I'll people too but it was still evil and totally lacked humanity.

Abortion is an issue that is politically difficult for the right given the state of our culture but we need to quit trying to move farther left to try to appease the leftists. It never works. Take the right stand on the important issues and stick to it. Our biggest problem is our republican leaders that always try to appease the left. I understand not try to lead out politically with the abortion issue but that doesn't mean we need to cave completely on the issue.

If we want to be like the left we should say we're just for common sense abortion laws and then do everything we can to eliminate most abortions.

Bb

1 member likes this: gunchamp
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Let me make one clarification, it's their greatest sexual fear.

Perhaps they shouldn't be whores, then they wouldn't have to become a murdering whore.

And how exactly do you propose we achieve that?

Let's hear your realistic policy proposals.

Realistic proposals? Charge people for murder when they commit murder. Perhaps encourage people to take responsibility for their actions.

Really?

Charging all abortions as murder. You think you could get that through Congress, or a Constitutional convention?

Trying such a feat would not only fail, it would result in great backlash, moving the populace further from your intended goals.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Hahaha!

So emotional. How's your gal pal Zeihan see it?

Probably should invade China next?

I understand your autistic, but can you try to focus and stay on topic?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
... we should say we're just for common sense abortion laws and then do everything we can to eliminate most abortions.

Bb

Finally. Somebody's is starting to get it.

Rome was not built in a day.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/08/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
At the point we're not willing to stand up for the most vulnerable among us we might as well just give up and follow the dems down the road to tyranny and misery.

I understand that abortion has hurt the dems more than anyone and see the logic in saying go ahead and kill your own kids but in principle I can't go along with it.

The nazi's had a logical argument for killing disabled and chronically I'll people too but it was still evil and totally lacked humanity.

Abortion is an issue that is politically difficult for the right given the state of our culture but we need to quit trying to move farther left to try to appease the leftists. It never works. Take the right stand on the important issues and stick to it. Our biggest problem is our republican leaders that always try to appease the left. I understand not try to lead out politically with the abortion issue but that doesn't mean we need to cave completely on the issue.

If we want to be like the left we should say we're just for common sense abortion laws and then do everything we can to eliminate most abortions.

Bb
Great post!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by efw
Because an allowance for the regulation of murder isn’t in the Constitution?

I’m confused.
I'm afraid your understanding of our Constitution is upside down. The Federal Government has no powers not delegated to it by that document. If the power to regulate abortions is to belong to the Federal Government, then an amendment to the Constitution is step number one. Otherwise, Amendment 10 rules, which states that all powers not delegated to the Federal Government by this document belong to the states and the people.

Nope sorry you’re right I was thinking there were Fed laws on murder but they’re state thanks

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 40 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,786
Posts18,536,296
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.