Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I noticed that coyote was still running when it went out of view. Where was it hit? Could have been a solid foot shot for all we know. Looked to be favoring a hind leg. GD

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by greydog
I noticed that coyote was still running when it went out of view. Where was it hit? Could have been a solid foot shot for all we know. Looked to be favoring a hind leg. GD

yep i zoomed in on that coyote after the shot that coyote was not killed that coyote ran . so did you get that coyote or did this coyote get away ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The point of a TTT is to remove as many variables as possible, variables that typically show up at LR, when confirming scope function by using a target that can precisely resolve the relationship between POA and POI.

Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q
Originally Posted by greydog

I missed that the first time I watched that video. I thought it was just rolling down the slope. I would also like to know whether they recovered it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Wow...another simple question answered by the first reply, complicated by 5 pages of BS.

I gotta be missing something...

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Wow...another simple question answered by the first reply, complicated by 5 pages of BS.

I gotta be missing something...

Nah, you aren't missing anything.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mathman
On top of that, forget about drop in inches and generate a dope sheet for MOA correction at various distances.

or order a speed dial turret that matches your load starting from your zero, like from Kenton industries or leupold....to save a step of consulting a chart because hunting and tags on the line less is more, KISS principle, so you range, dial to the range and then the rest of your time can math out the wind hold....which if you're smart and apply the same strategy will be KISS principle also...happy to give that lesson

but if you're trying to play with ffp mil prs target toys with actual hunting then you're asking to meet Murphy in the field, priorities, do you want to set up for hunting or drag target gear and methods afield trying to apply it to hunting? we're free to do it all but the smartest crackers in the box go kiss and no fat wink

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Big Stick
A Tall Target Test at 100yds is a great opening move. Less scope integrity,you have NOTHING. Hint.

Few things are more fhuqking worthless,than SFP glass,wearing an archaic non lineal reticle,which doesn’t jive erector values. Hint.

Just sayin’…………..

LOL.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
If you can't kill it wit a standad duplex,it ain't gonna get killed with ANYTHING else.

Leupie will of course continue to get my loot.................

the internet is undefeated haha

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
And then ditch the inches.

except for wind data of course

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I should add that the trajectory out to 300 yards isn't remotely straight, it's close to parabolic.

Op needs to find a good ballistics calculator/app, and use a good reticle, if he's scared of dialing. It's not just about the math lesson..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

don't forget with the reticle to turn mag up to max, or if it's in a fixed power even better, regardless of what the gaps are stated to be you always zero then go confirm your drops yourself then you can make up a decal or whatever to keep with the gun and refresh your memory of the hold yardages as you head afield

the same goes for drop data collection on a dial up rifle, you don't trust the moa given, you zero and collect your own with velocity you take yourself and atmospherics on the day you collect, then back calculate however you need to get the 'moa per click' or the 'true bc' etc. to create your data set for middle range of elevation/temps you hunt and hopefully smart enough to go speed dial turret so all you need to do is range and dial to that number then worry about your wind hold...that's the animal to conquer, the elevation is the easy part to nail down

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by stinkycoyote

I'm not so sure about that.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by stinkycoyote

I'm not so sure about that.

oh yeah? when you handle yer weeny 5 times a day for various activities does your brain recognize it as 1.2 mils or 15 cm....or is it in INCHES?????

or do you have a vagina? in that case I apologize for misgendering you wink

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 05/10/24.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You are quite dim.

1 member likes this: Jordan Smith
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Hornady. Com. Ballistic data. Enter info and get a cheat sheet. Done deal. Edk

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You are quite dim.

well, too afraid to answer? you got it all figure out eh? what's your brain institutionalized in? answer that if you're not chicken, maybe you're afraid that will be a gaslight perhaps? lol

the quick and easy answer to that question is how would you answer the question of how long your Johnson is?....I know the answer for most of North America on how they will answer that....and it aint cm's or mils lol....so play along, you afraid to learn something new? are you institutionalized to inches or not? if not....what then?

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 05/10/24.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (257_X_50, 10gaugeman, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 53 invisible), 1,921 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,284
Posts18,525,668
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.