-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rolling Stone magazine was good in 1967, but then they moved to NY.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Teal
Of course all of this ignores basic economic theory.

Markets aren't killed by killing producers, only by killing demand. If you rid the world of Cartel leaders today, next week some guy says "I'm smarter than that idiot, I'll make more money too" and fills the vacuum. Especially if killing Cartel A creates scarcity (short term), driving up the price of the product because demand hasn't changed one bit and that entices the creation of Cartel B. Rinse and repeat.

Get rid of demand and there's zero incentive to become the cartel. Moves onto something else.

I'm not saying it's possible to kill the drug demand but ALL the focus on supply, simply creates the economic condition for suppliers to be rich enough to ensure someone's always going to fill that void.

The US consumes nearly the world's supply of illegal drugs and legal pharmaceuticals.

Something to that...

Exactly and so long as that continues - blowing up cartels is simply whack a mole. More will pop up. Not saying you don't continue to whack those guys but I am saying if the focus is only on the supply and never the demand - someone will always step in to be supply, especially as prices rise as the flow gets constrained (temporarily). If 5 guys are making 10b a year now, getting it down to 3 guys making 20b does nothing but entice someone to become #4 so to speak.

Me

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
To Get an interesting read on America’s covert operations , from the post WEII era on, read Annie Jacobsen’s book “surprise, Kill, Vanish”

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Rolling Stone as a "news" source? Really?

I don't think SupFoo stated the R-Stone info was ''fact'' - maybe he's showing what a segment of society is being fed. Mad Magazine/Peoples & Teen +++ magazine probably makes similar claims on the topic.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If Biden can drone an innocent aid worker and a bunch of kids in Afghanistan to try to take political heat off himself for the 13 young soldiers he got killed with his incompetent withdraw why can't we go after the cartels.

Our leading cause of death ages 18-45 is fentanyl poisoning courtesy of the Mexicans and Chinese. We should do what the Chinese did to kick off the opium wars mid 1800s. Burn the Chinese ships in our harbors and close off our border with Mexico completely. Might cost someone a few bucks though so it'll never happen.

Bb

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The purpose of that story is to try to goad Mexican drug cartels into assassinating Trump - period. I'm surprised they didn't come right out and say it PLEASE!!!

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Will this not provoke the cartels to come here and do the same?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by grouseman
The purpose of that story is to try to goad Mexican drug cartels into assassinating Trump - period. I'm surprised they didn't come right out and say it PLEASE!!!

They aren't that stupid. They remember what happened with the death of Kiki Salazar. Trump would be 5000% worse/harder.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

They aren't that stupid. They remember what happened with the death of Kiki Salazar. Trump would be 5000% worse/harder.
Trump is hated by every single person in DC, elected or otherwise. If he were to be assassinated there would be a sigh of relief so loud you could hear it in China. There will be no retaliation, only Deep State spin.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A good start.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102

Trump is hated by every single person in DC, elected or otherwise. If he were to be assassinated there would be a sigh of relief so loud you could hear it in China. There will be no retaliation, only Deep State spin.

Wanna bet? They may hate Trump but they value their own necks much more. MUCH more. No response to Trump is an invitation to become the next target themselves. Kamala Harris made 3/4 of her political bones prosecuting drug cases. Every D prosecutor, every D congressman, every D political animal knows if they got to Trump, through his SS detail - they can get to them and will, given absence of repercussions for getting Trump. Trump isn't the only enemy of the cartels in the US and D's aren't their ally either.

Plus the American public would call for it 100% themselves too. Americans would coalesce behind that 1000% - they may hate Trump but the majority of people would agree with fighting the cartels. Not fighting back would be suicide by whatever regime is left.

Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nope, he isn't. Rolling stone is gatbage.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
How the will T rump do this from prison?

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by callnum
How the will T rump do this from prison?
^^phaagut^^

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Riverc
Then what's the point Trump winning the election if he won't be able to get anything done. Sounds like all he will accomplish is slowing the democrats agenda for a short 4-years wow that's exciting.

It is worthy. Beats the f u c k out of the democrats having an un-slowed agenda for 4 years.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If 5 guys are making 10b a year now, getting it down to 3 guys making 20b does nothing but entice someone to become #4 so to speak.

How does a 10# surplus after killing 2 entice a 4th?

5 x 10 = 50#

3 x 20 = 60#

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hah! I like it.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
But it's so Clintonesque.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would anyone quote or give credence to the insects at "Rolling Stone?" Boggles the mind.

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Rolling Stone as a "news" source? Really?
Originally Posted by MAC
The Rolling Stone would not be what I would consider a valid source of intel for things like this
Originally Posted by 12344mag
For idiots.....
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Nope, he isn't. Rolling stone is gatbage.
Originally Posted by broomd
Why would anyone quote or give credence to the insects at "Rolling Stone?" Boggles the mind.

Which "trusted" news sources would you girls prefer? Name three.

OK, I'll make it easy on you - name one.

I'll wait........

Last edited by SupFoo; 05/08/24.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 1,924 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,273
Posts18,525,498
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.